It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Dermatolgist said No to accutane. I have Mild, Consistent breaks out, Very Oily skin.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
    pvshyboy7

pvshyboy7 HB User
    Post Dermatolgist said No to accutane. I have Mild, Consistent breaks out, Very Oily skin.

I've been on Minocyclin, Retin-A Micro, Brevoxyl 8% Benzoyle peroxide creamy wash for about a year now. My skin cleared up a lot, but still oily and i get new zits almost everyday.

My dermatologist said that my skin isn't bad enough to be on Accutane. But he DID say that if he doesnt see a result in two months of my new treatment, he Might consider about taking accutane.

I did push him a lot, by saying i know all about the side effect, how i feel about myself etc. But the good thing is that he actually mentioned me going on accutane now. he even gave me a brochure.

an year ago, when i first went to my derm, he said no to accutane so shorty that i didnt even have chance to tell him more. He gave me this Peroxil or something wash and a Pad containing 8% benzoyle peroxide with retin-A micro again. I know theres a lot of you who has almost the same problem as i do and hoping to go on accutane. so i just felt like telling you guys what happened today.

Now, I see the hope. =) I am so happy. my next appointment is Nov. 26th. I gotta wash my face less and keep it dirty. so he will put me on accutane. hahahahaha. just j/k guys. latez

"I see your beautiful mind, not your looks"
    -me-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
    loly

loly HB User
    just a word of advice...accutane is no miracle drug for acne, not if you have moderate to severe acne anyways....maybe it will be more effective on you since yours is mild. be prepared for very chapped and cracked lips.

[This message has been edited by loly (edited 09-30-2003).]

Closed Thread