It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• anyone with increased facial hair on women on accutane?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
    loly

loly HB User
    Post anyone with increased facial hair on women on accutane?

Has any female had an increase in facial hair after being on accutane? Especially on the sides of her face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2003, 01:19 PM   #2
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    I have not noticed anything. I have only been on Accutane for 16 days. How long have you been on it and how much hair are we talking about??

I heard the opposite, that you hair might fall out.

~~Kim

Old 10-01-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
    loly

loly HB User
    Some hair growth on the sides of the face, we do not know what has caused it....just wondering if there is some correlation between the accutane and the hair growth. I read one comment from somebody else (backtomyoldself) and he/she had the same and was wondering if it somehow affected the adrenal glands. do not know if the two are relaled or not. The hair is not dark, it is blonde like her head hair.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
    MiddledGurl
    (female)

MiddledGurl HB User
    Question Re: anyone with increased facial hair on women on accutane?

I know this is an old thread, but it's the only thing I have found about Accutane hair growth as opposed to loss... Sometime between my last months on Accutane and the end of treatment I noticed some facial hair growth. I didn't have any facial hair previously and Accutane is the only cause, I believe, that could have messed with my hormones enough to cause hair growth. I too have hair on the sides of my face now, kinda like sideburns, and some on my chin. I don't know for sure if it was caused by Accutane, but it happened around the time I was taking it. I know that hair loss is a possible side effect...but what about hair growth??

Old 12-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
    leah242424
    (female)

leah242424 HB User
    Re: anyone with increased facial hair on women on accutane?

Middledgurl do you still have these facial hair problems nearly 2 years on? I've just finished my course and have increased facial and body hair and want to know if it'll go away!

Leah

Old 04-29-2009, 05:56 AM   #6
    ls19
    (female)

ls19 HB User

YES! I have exactly the same problem. I took accutane on and off for 2 years and towards the end noticed a slight increase in fine blonde hairs on the sides of my face. 2 years on it has gotten thicker and curlyish, it's so awful!! I wax it but I want it to go away for good! I believe it was the accutane that did this and the information I recieved about side effects did include increased hair growth. Has anyone made any headway with this problem?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
    worry2010
    (female)

worry2010 HB User

i am on Accutane 1st month and i observed i have hair grow at my face too. Will the hair drop once we completed the course?? or?? really worry later i am becoming moneky instead of human...suck..!!!

Closed Thread