It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

switching vitamins problem

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
nsyncfan

nsyncfan HB User
Post switching vitamins problem

Okay... so I had my mom get me a new daily vitamin this weekend because I read in a post that iodine in vitamins causes acne. I looked at my vitamins and mine contains 100% iodine. So I thought this might be why I was still breaking out. Anyways, to make a long story short. My mom got me some Woman's daily vitamins without the iodine. I started taking them on Saturday and by Sunday I had cysts on my chin. I didn't think anything of it and I was still taking them. On Monday I got 2 more cysts but on my forhead. I was really shocked because I never ever get pimples in either spots, let alone cysts on my forehead and my chin. I stoped taking them and my cysts are calming down, thank goodness. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Thanks for any replys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
NYKID
Veteran

NYKID HB User
No one knows for sure if the iodine causes acne, Vitamin A,C biotin and zinc all help with acne.

SO basically is iodine really gonna cause acne when its taken with 4 or more possible things that prevent or help deal with acne, blemishs and infections?

Someone is blaming iodine because people want a reason..any reason to give why they broke out. Its understandable why they do this. Its possible maybe it did but when peole get nervous, scared and blame things there not 100 percent sure about it kidna ruins it and scares us from taking it when it might not even be the problem in the first place.

You wont find a multi vit out there that doesnt have some iodine( it sometimes goes under different names .. I think not sure but most vitamisn do have iodine) in it.

If your getting a vitamin thats focus mainly on your skin theres a prodcut called Derma Vite.... I will say this i have neva taken this before nor have o hear of anyone who has on this board!!! .. which might be a good thign since most of us all have acne so if you did read about it here by a memeber then it didnt work.

I have neva taken Derma Vite.. would i take it yes its cheap under around 20 and i have seen soem as low as 12 =, you dont need a presciption, and its a vitamin not a anti biotic so it doesnt have any side effects an anti biotic might have.

[This message has been edited by NYKID (edited 10-01-2003).]

Old 10-01-2003, 04:19 PM   #3
mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
Yes, I have experienced that iodine seems to break me out. I try and avoid it in my vitamins.

This new one could be breaking you out from something else. Also check any new skin products you're using.

The best way to test might be to go off all vitamins for a week and then take it again. If you have some hormonal reason you normally break out, try not to do it at that time.

Let us know.

Closed Thread