It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Solodyn

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Solodyn

has anyone used or had success stories with Solodyn? This is a relatively new antibiotic which is minocycline based...my derm wants me to consider it.

Im also having Photodynamic Therapy ALA treatments done- Ive had two so far, its amazing. This far surpasses any accutane, has no side effects and virtually does the same thing, shrinks the oil glands and stops oil production.

I dont know if Ill need the Solodyn after this, but I was curious if anyone else had used it..

thanks.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
lleess
(female)

lleess HB User
Re: Solodyn

i've been taking 50mg of solodyn a day for the past year. i don't think it's the strongest thing ever but there have been no negative side effects.

what's the ALA treatment exactly? how long does it take to show results and are those results supposed to be permanent?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Solodyn

HI, and thank you for your reply. You didnt see any difference? Youre taking a prety strong dose of minocycline.....i was only given 40 mgs..
The ALA treatment isnt just ALA- I have a post up which describes in detail what it is. Its a laser treatment called Photodynamic Therapy ALA and I have an entire post up on it under the ance threads...please take a look if you are interested. Because it is a laser, and its not ingested internally, there are no side effects, like antibiotics or accutane- both of which I have done forever...this is supposed to shrink the oil glands as well as clear up the surface of the skin and remove scarring.....after only 2 treatments I see a huge improvement in the way my face looks....down side is its about 500$ a treatment, and you need from 2-4 of them.
Thanks for your response.
Nikki

Closed Thread