It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Help with hormonal acne please! :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-28-2003, 03:04 PM   #1
    pbear8

pbear8 HB User
    Post Help with hormonal acne please! :(

Okay I pretty much know and understand that I have hormonal acne. I get these cysts on my chin at around that time of the month. Although I've been know to get them at other times...is this still hormonal?

I was on Diane 35 for acne and it did give me some relief. Though I will be trying to start a family soon and have come off of Diane 35.

The cysts are coming back and I dont' know what to do. Right now i have three of them on my chin!! I used to put tea tree oil on them to get the swelling down but for some reason it isnt working like it used to. I also try to ice it. As well I am on 50mgs of Zinc and have been for over 2 months. I have also tried adding Saw Palmetto for it to, but so far no improvment.

Is there anything out there (Vitamins etc) for hormonal acne that is NOT birth control also? Something safe to use if starting a family?

Oh I forgot to mention I've been on this 'elimination diet' because of migraines. So I have not been eating sugar, dairy, flour, wheat etc for almost a month...

Thanks so much....I'm 34 and sick and tired of these things!

pbear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
    katyclark

katyclark HB User
    hey pbear i have the same type of acne-i got mine when i quit taking ortho-tri cyclen.about 2 months i started taking a pms vitamin from gnc that contains vitex chaste berry(2 pills equals 800 mg) i i can tell a difference.i did some research and its supposed to take about 3 months to kick in.something to try anyway

Old 09-28-2003, 05:31 PM   #3
    GRRRRRRRRR

GRRRRRRRRR HB User
    Try looking into Azelex/Skinoren--it really worked for me, and it supposedly does not have all of the bad side effects (like birth defects, etc.). You can even wear it under makeup. (Clearasil adult care is a good spot treatment if you do get a cyst, and Olay Regenerist works well for me, too.)

good luck!

Old 10-01-2003, 04:50 PM   #4
    aragornlor22

aragornlor22 HB User
    Thumbs up

I haven't tried this product yet, but I'm seriously considering it: Nature's Cure. It is supposed to help people who get acne because of hormones, and it's completely safe to use with no side effects. It's not supposed to harm pregnant women but I'd still check with a doctor first if you're planning on becoming pregnant just in case. You can find it at any drugstore, Meijer, Walmart, Kmart.

Old 10-02-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
    Andrew29
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Andrew29 HB User
    What section in Wal-Mart can you find Nature's Cure? I can't seem to find this product anywhere at Wal-Mart or any other drugstore. I live in Canada.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #6
    mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
    Nature's cure did not work for me. The homeopathic supplements are crap because you are not supposed to touch homepathic remedies before taking them. They are packaged so you have to. Also, the dosage is so small (or large, technically) that is can't possibly treat a deep condition like acne.

Look up Homeopathic remedies on the Internet for more info if this reply confuses you.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:20 PM   #7
    mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
    As far as tea tree oil goes, it used to be a complete miracle for me but I am now immune to it sadly. You could try upgrading your brand. I liked "Jason." It's nice and pure.

Old 10-02-2003, 04:21 PM   #8
    blondiebiker

blondiebiker HB User
    it is going to take some time for you body to get used to not having the added hormones from the bcp so you will find they will mellow out as time passes.
    I didn't have any acne issues til I went of bcp 4 years ago and that was when all heck broke loose and my body went crazy trying to produce its own estrogen again.
    I took estroven (herbal estrogen) that they recommend for menopause..lol., worked like a champ though.

Old 10-02-2003, 04:45 PM   #9
    SuzieQ211

SuzieQ211 HB User
    I know exactly how you feel. Mine started about 4 years ago when I decided to try the Depo-Provera shots (BIG MISTAKE). Ever since then, I have been breaking out on my chin, forehead and on each cheek by my hair line. My skin is so oily now too. I never had this problem until I had that shot.

My physician prescribed me a topical gel with metronidazole (I use this morning and night) and also tetracycline once a day. It is working very well. The gel works well without the tetracycline too. I also use the Neutragena acne wash in the pump.

I hope this helps!

Old 10-03-2003, 05:51 AM   #10
    Micheybell
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Micheybell HB User
    pbear ... try a chamomile steam (3 tea bags in a pot of water) cover your head with a towel and steam for a good 10 minutes. And then gently wipe your face with a clean wash cloth. You can follow with a cucumber and garlic mask ... also eating cloves of garlic has helped the cysts on my chin.

I have hormonal acne too at least this is what I think. Definately try the garlic is helps.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #11
    mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
    Blondiebiker: Are you saying that out of all the things you've tried Estroven is responsible for curing your acne? Can you tell us the dosage, etc?

You guys sound like me. My acne became horrible when I went off the pill at 23. I had been on it for 8 years and have had mild acne since I was 12.

I have been afraid to experiment with anything natural that messes with the hormones because whenever I eat a lot of Soy, especially tofu, I get face scarring cysts. I still have the scar from one a few years ago that kept bleeding for a week and was half the size of my cheek.

It also seems like it would be difficult to control the preciseness of the adjustment to your hormones. I mean if I just forget my pill for a few hours things get all thrown off and I get zits. Since most the herbs don't have measured, precise amounts in them how can you adjust hormones with them?

Closed Thread