It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Retin-A success stories pretty please : )

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
Smile Retin-A success stories pretty please : )

Hey guys...pretty please with a cherry on top post your Retin-A success stories....thanx a bunch!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #2
jagdm27
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
I just started on Retin-A micro, so I am hoping(fingers crosses) I will have a success story to tell you!!!!!!
Are you on Retin-A?

Old 10-02-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
jagdm27 - heyy! Well.....here's the thing, the derm gave me Retin-A and Tetracycline..but i've only been using Tetracycline (taking 2 pills a day) because i'm wayyy to scared to begin Retin-A....i mean i'm hearing all these terrible stories about how Retin-A has completely SCREWED people's lives up for a year or more...and i know that everything can't be negative, so i'm trying to be optimistic....and get some of those success stories ; )

Old 10-02-2003, 01:28 PM   #4
daddysgurl19

daddysgurl19 HB User
i am taking doxycycline 2x a day and benzaclin in the morning and retin a micro 0.04% and the retin a has not made my acne worse. i have been on this for a week or longer. my face actually looks good. knock on wood. lol! my red marks are fading too i think!?! good luck! it is not that bad of stuff. i might be just having a week where my face is clear. we'll see. go ahead and start it. i will let you know how my face is doing after acouple more days.

Old 10-02-2003, 01:34 PM   #5
daddysgurl19

daddysgurl19 HB User
First, let me say everyone is different. Things that are working great for me may not work great for you.

The way I look at it also.....the initial breakout that you may have.....well the zits that come up are zits that you were going to get anyways so why not get it all out and your pores will be nice and clean and fresh. Just a thought! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif

Old 10-02-2003, 01:44 PM   #6
jagdm27
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
Hey Overtherainbow! Are you using the Retin-A micro? That is what I am on along with Dulac. I am actually looking forward to seeing the results. It could be good or it could be bad, but I won't know until I try it!

Old 10-02-2003, 01:46 PM   #7
bluesclues
(female)

bluesclues HB User
I have been using retin A micro for a little over 6 weeks. At 1st the doctor gave me Doxycycline & Clindagel to go with the Retin A but after about 2 weeks I stopped using both of them and stayed on the retin A. I started using 2.5% BP and about 2 weeks ago and I started using 10% glycolic acid once a day. My skin is almost 100% clear. I still have a couple of bumps, but they are relatively small.

I didn't have any peeling and my face didn't feel all that dry. I think that you can control alot of the peeling & dryness that may come with retin A by using just a small amount. You DON'T need that much, less is more when it comes to this product. Another miracle that I've found that dries up pimples super fast is calamine lotion as a spot treatment. I've use retin a before and had good results but I had alot more peeling and dryness. I think Retin A micro is a lot better in that way. It has also helped to fade away alot of the dark spots that I had. I did have an initial break out, and it was awful, but that was about 2 weeks ago and now my face is lookin good!

Everyone is different and you'll never know what's good for you unless you try different things. What do you have to loose??

Old 10-03-2003, 07:08 AM   #8
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
Smile

bluesclues:I started using 2.5% BP and about 2 weeks ago and I started using 10% glycolic acid once a day. My skin is almost 100% clear. I still have a couple of bumps, but they are relatively small.

I'm really sorry...call me ignorant :-\...but what is 2.5% BP and 10% glycolic acid...and where do you get your paws on these things??? haha....congrats to you that your skin is clear!!! I can't wait for mine to be :-)

Old 10-03-2003, 07:09 AM   #9
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
"I started using 2.5% BP and about 2 weeks ago and I started using 10% glycolic acid once a day. My skin is almost 100% clear. I still have a couple of bumps, but they are relatively small."

Hey bluesclues!! Ok, call me ignorant :-\....but what is 2.5% BP and 10% glucolic acid...and where do ya get your paws on these things??? haha....oh by the way it's AWESOME that your face is clear, can't wait for mine to be : )

Old 10-03-2003, 07:12 AM   #10
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
**sorry guys!!! i posted that last reply twice....my computer is kinda slow so i end up clicking the "submit" button a billion times anyways...

jagdm27:i am using Retin-A......but did you mean Duac.....or Dulac??? Because my friend is on Duac and she looks AWESOME!!!! i mean, she'll get like a zit a month, but that's all...it worked for her!! but anyone else out there with good results with Retin-A/micro......post post post :-)

Old 10-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #11
jagdm27
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
Hey Overtherainbow! Yes I meant to say Duac!LOL!
What the hell is Dulac? I know I have heard of it, the names are to similiar!

Anyway, I have been on both since Tuesday and have 3 cyst like pimples and already the swelling is going down and they are drying up!!! YEAH!

Old 10-03-2003, 09:06 AM   #12
Forcefed4

Forcefed4 HB User
Hey overthe rainbow...about your friend using Duac...how long has he/she used it? I have used it for 17 nights now, and my face and neck is definitely not any worse. I am developing some small whiteheads that clear up in a day or so, but I heard this is typical (at least I hope it is).

I sure hope this Duac works. I wasn't too happy when reading the paperwork on it that tests showed a 60% reduction in lesions after 11 weeks (I guess I don't consider that as a "success" like they do).

I am trying to use very little since I don't want the Duac to dry out my face.

Kev

Old 10-03-2003, 11:16 AM   #13
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
Talking

Forcefed4: (cool username!!!) haha ok...well my friend has been using Duac since this past March. She didn't have, by any means, severe acne...just whiteheads/blackheads in the T-Zone and cheeks.--i guess you could say moderate/mild acne...Since then, EVERY red mark has faded...and the new pimples she gets take anywhere from a day to a week or two to go away...the new red marks ("scars") that she gets fade soon also.For her, it's a miracle drug....she has had NO peeling or dryness, and she puts it on everyday. Her face looks awesome. -- This may be contributed to the fact that we're young...i'm not sure how old anyone is in here....but we're in out "younger" lol teens. That may have something to do with her ability to tolerate the dryness or any side effects OHH!! and another thing..she said that it worked almost immediately.....in the first 4-5 days (not even a week!! Needless to say, i wish i had her skin. Hope this helped, and now i need to figure out whether Retin-A is my thing. My RX is to use 0.025% Retin-A on the evenings of Mon, Wed, Fri....considering this is the second to lowest dosage, and i'm only using it 3/7 of the week and i'm on Tetracycline, i think i'll be ok....but i'm still VERY nervous about starting...

somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blueeee....somewhere over the rainbow i'll have clear skin tooooooooooo

Old 10-03-2003, 07:10 PM   #14
BlueGreen

BlueGreen HB User
Hello. When I first got acne as a teenager retin a was like a miracle, it totally cleared me up. Later on (several years later)I got some nasty hormone problems and the acne came back so I added bp to my routine (Benzoyl peroxide). Things were going pretty well for about six months and then guess who decided to come back and visit? Acne! Anyway, I recently discovered that bp makes retin a inactive, that's why derms always tell you to do one at night and the other in the morning. I thought I was fighting my battle even better by using both all the time, but I was actually making things worse! I feel silly because I just realized this last week. LOL! Anyway I am doing what they told me to do now, one in the morning and one at night and so far so good but it always takes at least a month or two for me to see what the real results are. Since both of these things have worked well for me in the past I'm hoping that using them correctly now will help me out. Things aren't that bad but they could be better so we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know!

Old 10-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #15
overtherainbow

overtherainbow HB User
Exclamation

Thanx BlueGreen! Oh my oh my....i don't know what to do!!!! Ok, here's my situation....i have about 4 small pimples....and 5-6 of those red marks. My derm RX the Retin-A and Tetracycline....i'm guessing to stop my pimples and the redness. However, i am sooo nervous about starting the Retin-A!!! I'm using the Tetracyline (two pills, one in morn one at nite)...and i'm supposed to be using the Retin-A (0.025%) mon, wed, and fri. So far, i've skipped the Wed and i'm not putting it on tonight (i didn't get it till Tues, so there's no way i could've possibly applied it on Mon)...and my mom and dad don't know what to tell me to do. I told them the pros and cons of Retin-A....but i'm SOOOOOO TERRIFIEDDDDD about the initial break-out. I know some people don't even get the initial breakout, but on the other hand, on some people it lasts for MONTHS and even YEARS! ahhh....please anyone out there post and lemme know if i should go on the Retin-A 0.025% mon,wed,fridays.....with Tetracycline...with mild/moderate acne.....post awayyy

Closed Thread