It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Pro Activ & Queen Helene Mint Julep ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2003, 03:03 AM   #1
    badtzjunk

badtzjunk HB User
    Post Pro Activ & Queen Helene Mint Julep ?

Greetings

I'm currently using Pro Activ ....

If I wanted to use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask [as a mask, and as spot treatment] ... would I put this on AFTER I do the Pro Activ procedure [at night]? Or would I skip the Pro Activ for that night and just do the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
    badtzjunk

badtzjunk HB User
    ?

Old 08-25-2003, 10:57 AM   #3
    nomoreacneplz

nomoreacneplz HB User
    if you're using all 3 steps of proactiv, why don't you get the proactiv sulfur mask? it's really good!

but if you're set on using the Queen H's mask, I think you should put it on after you wash with proactiv cleanser, and then after the mask, finish the rest of the 2 steps.

good luck!

Old 08-25-2003, 07:40 PM   #4
    Tummy

Tummy HB User
    Proactiv's mask sucks. Queen Helene is the best mask on the market...and the cheapest.

Old 08-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
    badtzjunk

badtzjunk HB User
    thanks for the tip nomoreacneplz!

Yesterday I did the first two steps, then the mask, then the last step [2.5% BP].........

I shall try it your way tonight ....

thanks!

Old 08-25-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
    nomoreacneplz

nomoreacneplz HB User
    since you're supposed to leave the toner and lotion on your face, it makes more sense to use them after the mask, becuase you will need to wash away the mask. if you use the toner before the mask, you'll wash away the toner with the mask.

and the proactiv sulfur mask is good! When I used the Proactiv system, I need all 3 products plus the mask! The mask is a must for me!! but not for everyone.

I've never tried the Queen H's mask, so will not commment on it.

Old 10-04-2003, 04:11 PM   #7
    debbishadows

debbishadows HB User
    Hi I have acne. I've had it now for about 3 years. i have tried every pad,and every lotion, even went to the dermatologists and got something called differen gel but that didn't work either. I want to know if Proactiv works. I want to order it so bad becuase people say it works really well. does it?
    thank you

Old 10-04-2003, 05:44 PM   #8
    MOMSHELP

MOMSHELP HB User
    Read the book The Acne Cure. It may help you find a new routine. It helped people who posted on this board in the summer. Look up old threads.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:34 AM   #9
    BlueGreen

BlueGreen HB User
    I use proacitive with the mint julep mask. The others are correct that the thing to do is to wash with the cleanser, then put on the mask. After you rinse off the mask (assuming you aren't leaving it on overnight, which I think is pretty drying), then use the toner followed by the lotion.
    The proactive mask and the mint julep actually have similar ingredients. Both are good but I like the mint julep better because the proacive mask gave me dry skin in the hair around my face (which was pretty strange because I never put it within an few inches of my hairline. I guess it would get in there when I rinsed it off) Anyway, I think I'm the only one to experience this problem, so I would say they are equally good. Notice though that the queen helene's is much cheaper too!
    To the person who wants to try proactive, it worked great for me for about six months, then the acne came back, but not as bad as before the proactive. I keep using it, because, like I said, it's not as bad as before and I haven't found anything that works better without making my skin red and flaky. But it definately works best when you first get it. Eventually your skin will get more accustomed to it and some acne might come back. Nonetheless, for people who DO NOT have really sensitive skin I think it is one of the better things on the market. Note also that it does not take the place of perscriptions and if your derm gives you one you should try and work it into the routine. Just don't use retin a with the repairing lotion, benzoyl peroxide makes retin a innefective.
    Proactive is worth trying, I'd give it at least a couple months to see if it works. But, it also comes in really little bottles so its expensive and addictive.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #10
    Tummy

Tummy HB User
    I use both...no dryness. Just moisturize. Only problem: Oilyness. The more drying products you use, the more oil you create. But yes, Queen Helene makes the best mask.

Closed Thread