It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

A good basic moisturizer and facial scrub?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
Post A good basic moisturizer and facial scrub?

Does anyone know of a good, basic moisturizer that has absolutely nothing in it that is offensive to sensitive skin? Eveyone wants to put all this junk in there stuff these days!

What about a scrub or exfoliator?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
ava_28

ava_28 HB User
Smile

I would try Aveda's All Sensitive Line. The cleanser and toner are great and the moisterizer is good too. I barely use it. But there's practically no iritating ingredients in it. Aubrey Organics is great too. It's completely 100% organic ingredients. That you can read too!!!

Old 10-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
ava_28

ava_28 HB User
Aveda also has an exfoliatior. It's actually a liquid w/ no grainy texture, kind of like a toner. I use it at night after i wash w/ the All Sensitive cleanser,exfoliate, apply tourmaline radiance fluid(love this!)then i spritz my entire face and neck w/ the All Sensitive toner. I don't know of any really good scrubs. But this exfoliant i do like.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:53 PM   #4
sassykitten74
(female)

sassykitten74 HB User
aromaleigh has alot of natural products that wok great
I reccomend mixing baking soda with a bit of your cleanser for exfoliation-very gentle and works great

Old 10-04-2003, 11:02 AM   #5
anth0r

anth0r HB User
Why would you want to apply a moisturizer to your face and then use an abrasive exfoliating scrub to cleanse your face? These two cancel eachother out.

------------------
Retin-A, Duac, and Doxycycline worked for me! Don't quit your regimen in the early stages if your acne gets worse and your face is irritated; this is the worst thing you could do! Trust me, my skin was iritated in the early stages, but now 6 weeks later it's perfect with no irritation and only 2 pimples! Don't be a wuss. How bad do you want to be clear?

Old 10-04-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
nuthingstotry

nuthingstotry HB User
Of all the years on and off dealing with acne, my specific condition at that time, did well with all drying topicals and no moisturizer, plus there was less out there that was non comedogenic then. Now my skin does need it.......somehow, you know. And...there are so many good moisturizers out there now formulated state of the art...water binding ingredients, anti oxidants, sunscreen...can be had now in non comedogenic formulas...From a non believer in moisturizers use for acne prone skin, I am now sold...

In all the years I've also learned that abrading your skin which is what happens after a few glorious days of using the scrubs, and sponges etc, just agravates skin. I think a weekly mask is okay and gently taking it off with a regular wash cloth, will do plenty to exfoliate. For daily exfoliating, a more even effect can be had with the AHA's.

From someone who's been around the block more than a few times. Hope it helps. My moisturizer is Regenerist enhancing lotion with uv protection.

Old 10-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #7
jenguard82

jenguard82 HB User
I like st ives apricot scrub, in fact thats the only thing I use to clean my face.

Old 10-04-2003, 07:31 PM   #8
q-tip2

q-tip2 HB User
I'm also looking for some good (and affordable!) lotion too for the coming winter...

It always seems that if I find a lotion that seems to penetrate and hydrate well, i'll get zits.

The ones that don't give me zits seem to just 'float' on the surface of my skin.

anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-05-2003, 04:00 AM   #9
VoodooQueen
(female)

VoodooQueen HB User
I just bought the Neutrogena Oil Free cream cleanser and the facial mask. My skin is a little irritated because i went back to Retin-A as nothing else would work. I'm waiting maybe a few more weeks to see how that goes, but so far, i like the feel of the neutrogena products.

I am also looking for a moisturizer that doesn't give oily skin and that i could use instead of Retin-A (don't like how it gives me bumps all over my face and burns my skin).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VoodooQueen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #10
Sweetie1

Sweetie1 HB User
A good moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin: Oil of Olay Active Hydrating Fluid in Oil-Free formula.

Closed Thread