It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• oily skin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
    Terrika
    (female)

Terrika HB User
    oily skin

My skin is really oily and i just cant get rid of the oil. I have so much oil on my skin to where im always shiny. if i do wash my skin and get the oil off then it comes back in 5 minutes, its so aggrivating. i break out alot due to the oil that is on my face, chest, and back. i have blemishes all over. i have tried several acne topicals and other things to try and help get rid of the oild but i just cant find anything that will help. i need some help and advice on how to get rid of it all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
    kzz09
    (female)

kzz09 HB User
    Re: oily skin

Do you use an Astringents?
    It helps clear dead skin cells and bacteria, and also halps extract oil from skin and fight acne.
    but You do need a certain amount of oil on your face to protect against infection.
    so it ALL cant come off =]

You can find Astringents anywhere, at like a drug store or a bigger grocery store like Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc

Hope this helped

Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
    MyHappy
    Inactive
    (male)

MyHappy HB User

I wouldn't use Astrigents.

"dry your face not with a towel but through a fan or a blow dryer on cool setting(I prefer fan). Do this right after taking shower for 15minutes or so and it shall evaporate some of the water buildup. Hope this helps"

I really didn't feel like typing that again.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
    MadeInTheUSA
    (female)

MadeInTheUSA HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyHappy View Post
    I wouldn't use Astrigents.

"dry your face not with a towel but through a fan or a blow dryer on cool setting(I prefer fan). Do this right after taking shower for 15minutes or so and it shall evaporate some of the water buildup. Hope this helps"

I really didn't feel like typing that again.
    MyHappy- How does drying your face with a fan after washing help reduce oil? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me at all.

Terrika, My skin is exactly the same as yours. Extremely oily. I wash my face 2 times a day, plus..I wipe my face down with an astringent more than 4 times a day and it NEVER dries it out. It sounds like your skin is as oily as mine, an astringent may be worth a try for you too. Some people with overly oily skin can use astringent, where as someone with dryer skin cannot and cannot understand how uncomfortable oily skin is.

I would also recommend a clay type mask a few times a week. A good one to try is Aztec Secret Indian Healing clay. You will feel it sucking the oil right out of your pores, leaving your skin feeling clean, fresh, and way less oily for many hours (not minutes) after you remove it.

Plus, if you have no dryness at all..stay away from moisturizers, it will only aggravate the oil problem.

Last but not least, you may want to consider speaking to your derm about going on a course of low dose accutane..its not for everyone but it sure helped with my oily skin.

I hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck to you Terrika

Closed Thread