It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• had a really bad breakout yesterday, felt like everyone was staring at my face

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2003, 05:41 AM   #1
    Ric
    (male)

Ric HB User
    Post had a really bad breakout yesterday, felt like everyone was staring at my face

I hadn't had a bad breakout for about 1-2 weeks and yesterday my face was really bad. I'm talking red lumps protruding from my skin and one spot was filled with fluid. I went into work thinking this isn't gonna get me down. I know I look good inside and out so why should this bother me? 2 hours into being at work I had to talk to one of the managers and no exaggeration she stood there for what felt like hours staring at my face. I asked her if everythings cool and she just smiled and walked away. I stood there after she looked at me feeling really self consious. I hate it when people can't look you in the eye when there talking to you. If I see someone with acne I never stare at there face, I treat them how I would everyone else. Last week when I was kinda clear my manager was talking about this new bloke that started and how he had acne all over his face. In his defence knowing what it feels like I said haven't you noticed all the spots over my face and he honestly never noticed. That gave me a power trip but I wasn't prepared to denie a condition I have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 06:22 AM   #2
    knut

knut HB User
    I know how you feel. I am having a pretty bad break out now. I do my best to just go to work and sit at my desk and not talk to anyone. I don't even want to talk to my friends here. It's terrible when something comes up and I have to talk to a manager or boss. People without acne just don't get it.

Old 10-08-2003, 07:18 AM   #3
    jagdm27
    Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
    Hey Guys! I know how you feel as well! People can be so damn rude and non-sympathetic. But, I have a new outlook on living with pimples. I look at it this way, we have acne and we try our best to get rid of it and sometimes there isn't much to do about it besides meds and acne creams, so the more we stress the worse it seems to get, so instead of hiding from the world just try and forget about these little suckers that are on our face and be confident and show it all! The hell with it we have them anyway and if people are going to stare be a ballbuster and make them aware, "yes I have a growth on my face isn't it cute"
    and maybe imagine them with a huge ugly green witches nose with a big wart on the end!!!
    Hopefully that will get you cheerfully through the day!
    Just be glad your alive and have your health!

I just wanted to cheer you up and make you all smile!

Old 10-08-2003, 07:26 AM   #4
    knut

knut HB User
    lol, hey Jag, good outlook.

I really do try and see it that way...., but sometimes it really is hard. For me anyway, I'm a 26 yr old woman, and so you have the whole, hair/makeup/wardrobe, try-to-be attractive/professional deal going........, and then you have these plain-old ugly things on your face.

Its just hard to work on self-esteem with this in the way.

BUT YA GOTTA BE STRONG!!!! And I'm trying.

Thanks for the encouragement

Old 10-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #5
    Ric
    (male)

Ric HB User
    I try and build myself up before I leave the house. First it starts with the attitude where I think to myself, this isn't gonna get me down and I'm not gonna be self-consious but it takes just one person to make your confidence hit an all time low. It can be a look, a remark anything. Even if you hear someone laughing you convince yourself there laughing at you. At work now feeling a bit more confident. Yesterday was bad though. You know when you have a big spot, your consious enough. When I checked in the mirror later that day I realised that it had partly burst and I could see the stuff coming out of it. I couldn't leave it there so I had to bust it. I think I went back with it looking 10x worse. I practically hid behind the computer and wouldn't talk to anyone.

Old 10-08-2003, 08:22 AM   #6
    jagdm27
    Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
    Believe me I have those days every now and again. It completely sucks! Sometimes you can only be positive for so long and it takes just one person who has no idea what it feels like to burst your happiness bubble!
    Damn, I hate when that happens!
    That is why I just stop, take a breather by usually going into the bathroom to cry or just breath and try to get back up on my high horse and remember that this ugly zit is only temporary and that there are worse things that could be wrong with me and I am alive and healthy. And then I go treat myself to a piece of chocolate!!! LOL!
    Well luckily we all have each other to vent to and understand!

Old 10-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #7
    Ric
    (male)

Ric HB User
    This is the only place where I feel comfortable talking about acne because I know other people will understand. I'm 21yrs old now and I want this to stop. Just when I think it's gone for good it comes back and people notice it even more. They look at you like what have you done to your face, like you haven't washed for a week or put your face in a blender to have screwed it up. There's got to be a simple cure for this and I bet there is one but they'll never tell us because all these companies keep making money from selling us all this crap, it's a big marketing campaigne. It amazes me how these companies can tell so much lies to make some money. I used to believe that one day you'd wake up and it would have disappeared but I'm starting to lose faith when I read that people that are older than me are still battling acne. I just wanna be normal again and not have to think about spots on my face or constantly looking in the mirror and buying all these miracle products that promise clear skin. I want to wake up in the morning feeling happy, not having to look at my reflection and feel bad and to leave my house in a positive and confident mood knowing a huge weights been lifted from my shoulders and all I have to battle are the day to day problems that walk into my life.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #8
    knut

knut HB User
    I'm with you ric; 100% with how you feel. It makes it very hard when you are passed the "teenage breakout years" and you are still fighting with acne. It's hard leading an adult life especially when you are in an environment that no one else has acne. I know absolutely no one else that has this problem. Makes you feel very isolated.

And yeah, I have never talked about my acne except on this board. I do to very close friends when I'm having a bad day; but I try not to. I mean, what can they say? I've heard the "it's not that bad, and you are the only one that notices" too much. I mean, you know that everyone else sees what you see. It's just that you might think about it all day long and they may forget it when they walk away and start thinking about THEIR problem. I try to remind myself of that a lot. That no one else is walking around thinking about my face all day long.

I don't think thought that there is just one cure for everyone though. People break out for different reasons. What have you looked into or tried?

Old 10-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #9
    Ric
    (male)

Ric HB User
    I've tried all different stuff, mostly over the counter products, the list would be endless! One thing I won't touch is the stuff the doctors give you because I swear it makes it 10x worse. They always tell you that you might have the initial breakouts for a couple of weeks and I just feel like your taking ten steps back again and that breakout could cause potential scars. When I read all of the ingredients in the stuff I've used it's scarey to think I put it anywhere near my face. If you look up some of the stuff it has some harsh ingredients in it. I tried B.P and that didn't help. My skin kept itching and it would either cause another spot from the irritation or it would make my skin go really red. Yesterday I started using 'honey soap'. When I looked up honey it's meant to have good anti-bacterial properities and is good for acne. So far it hasn't caused me to breakout, hasn't dried out my skin and any little white heads I did have seem to be drying up. So far so good but I don't wanna curse it! I'm left with the red marks at the moment from the breakout out. They seem to take longer to go away than ordinary spots. Still feel beaten down by acne again. What are you using?

Old 10-09-2003, 06:47 AM   #10
    knut

knut HB User
    So, have you taken any prescription at all? Either pills or creams?

Benzoyl peroxide seemed to only dry out my face and it didnít do anything to help my acne. I used it for a couple of months along with BHA. Iíve heard the same about the honey; but never tried any soap. Iíve actually never seen it anywhere. How long have you been using it?

About a week ago I switched to a Dove cleanser instead of using anything else. I am using regenerist afterwards and then putting on tazorac cream just on my spots. Right now I still have like 8 big ugly lumps mainly around my chin. Itís weird; cause, for one; I only get them around my mouth/chin; and two Ė it kinda alternates. I get a break out on my left side that sticks around for a couple weeksÖ., then when that is slowly clearing up., my right side breaks out just as bad. Some weird cycle.

Iím avoiding eating any wheat products and taking vitamin pills that are supposed to support my adrenal gland. Iím also laying off sugar, except for the natural sugars in my fruits/vegetables. Iím going to give this ďregimineĒ of mine till the end of the year. At that point, if I still have this problem, then I am going to switch my birth control pills to Yasmin. Iíve only been on ortho tri cyclen; and I know that for some people, itís the wonder cure; and other people it doesnít help them. I read that Yasmin has a much different progestin and that the structure of it causes a similar effect to the skin as if spironlactone was taken.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #11
    Ric
    (male)

Ric HB User
    To be completely honest with you when I was 15yrs old I went to the doctors to find out what these small bumps were under my eyes my skin was completely clear then. They prescibed me with 'Dalactin T (spelling?)' and I swear till this day that was the reason I ever got acne. I never looked back since then. I've never been back to the doctors to talk about it because they basically use you as human guinea pigs, we're all just research material to them, testing out different products in the hope that they'll find a cure and I don't want to completely mess up my skin doing it. I tried all different over the counter stuff with no luck. I've found the only things that have worked for me are all natural products/cleansers. I've been using the honey soap for two days and so far so good. My skin definately looks better but I'm not holding my breath.

Closed Thread