It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• seborrhea (disorder of the sebaceous (oil) gland)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
    ces369

ces369 HB User
    Question seborrhea (disorder of the sebaceous (oil) gland)

hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here on this board suffers from the affects of seborrhea.

I, personally, have been devastated by this disorder, (even thouh I dinn't have a name for it).

I have extremely oily skin (especially on and around my nose); and I've had oily skin for years. I know that I should not 'squeeze' my nose, but it's so difficult not to, as I see all of the gunk that come out of the pores; and the smell is awful too.

I used to be on the birth control pill, but stopped using it about 1.5 years ago and my face broke out (cycstic acne (especially on the jaw line))

I've spoken with my family doctor and she has prescribed the following antibacterial gel: clindamycian and benzoyl peroxide, and 8% benzoyl peroxide (to be applied on the nasal area)

My face (everything execpt the nasal area) has cleared up wonderfully). The nasal area, unfortunately for me, hasn't responded at all. I still feel like I must 'squeeze' my nose.

I think that my doctor is totally wrong in her approach. I've been researching this disorder and I feel like she should be prescribing topical metronidazole "metrogel". From what I've read, this may be the 'ticket' for clearing out the accumalation of sebum in the pores or stopping the accumalation all together.

**does anyone here use 'metrogel'; please let me know your experiences.

**for those who don't use 'metrogel'; what do you use to stop the accumalation of sebum in the pores?

I really want to make sure that I present a good case to my doctor for this treatment,

thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread