It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Your ULTIMATE Acne SOLUTION

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2003, 06:44 AM   #91
    sazza

sazza HB User
    SweetJade,
    I have read your messages on different boards with interest and hope you may be able to suggst what I could try. Some of your posts go a little over my head as there is so much in depth knowledge there so I'm sorry if you feel I am asking you to repeat yourself.

I am a 24 yo female and I didn't get acne till I was 22. I get it round my jawline/neck and lower cheeks.

Anti biotics has cleared it in the past but I don't want to keep taking them.

I have tried zinc/B6, cod liver oil, milk thistle and bc pill but none of them have worked. I also used BP 2.5% gel but I don't have oily skin so this just really dries my skin and I still get spots.

Beacuse I got acne later on in life I don't think it is diet related. I also eat well. I don't have any hair loss/hirsuitim or other problems that people with hormonal acne discuss.

Can you suggest what I should try? Could I try saw palmetto - is it safe for women? I would really appreciate your views or advice.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 02:06 PM   #92
    noname

noname HB User
    thanks. it's nice to hear that

Old 10-14-2003, 04:51 PM   #93
    RealWorlder

RealWorlder HB User
    This is way too much information for me to handle! haha and too much to read. I just want something simple and easy, you people reallu go through all this just to be clear? I mean i cant see myself giving up a lot of yummy foods just for that. I have a normal diet I eat everything but moderate and I do avoid foods that are bad overall, or will have them once a month or something like that. I have had acne since i was a freshman in high school and now I am a sophomore in college. My problem with acne is not major, i do get occasional break outs but my only problems are blemishes. If i can get rid of blemishes then I would basically be "acne free." You know you dont have acne when u can count pimples, if you cant then you have bad acne. I have 8 blemishes 2 on my left and 6 on my right. I am starting to get baby acne on my forehead and sides (side of the eyebrows to sideburns). Another thing is that when I am in direct light, my face appears to have little holes, but when Im not in direct sunlight it looks perfect...anybody whats up with that??? I have been applying a lot of moistureizer to the one side that looks like it has holes. I have always thought that acne and dandruff are related somehow, because thats what i have. Moderate dandruff although a very itchy scalp and around the nose (bridge) sometimes it gets red. I have been drinking green tea every night and it has helped a little. BUt has this happened to anybody? moderate acne with blemishes and very itchy scalp/face? sometimes when I eat something spicy or hot, or when i get embarrased or exercise, my scalp and parts of my face get very very itchy...
    Alright well i hope somebody can help me with this problem...
    Ohh jade, you konw why most men have a lot of holes on their faces? kinda looks like a pizza?? is it because of shaving?????

Old 10-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #94
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
    this is kinda simple...if ur a guy then u will probably have acne until u mature(u will outgrow it).accutane will buy u time until ur body can handle all the testosterone.if ur a girl then ur body isnt going to mature like a guys does and if she produces too much androgens she might have problems with acne well into her 40s or 50s.plus her hormones fluxuate a lot.but she can fight it with girl power(estrogen)and an anti-androgen.to suppress the male hormones she is producing.im not getting into the reasons ur producing too many androgens.u will just have to read sweet jade posts causes she pretty much an expert on this subject.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:36 AM   #95
    sleeptweedledee

sleeptweedledee HB User
    Re: Your ULTIMATE Acne SOLUTION

Hello Sweetjade , you have so many posts and it is awsome that you respond to them like you do. My story is that I am 25 years old with ten years of cystic acne and extremly oily skin this is on my back also and I carried this same exact acne down from my dad. I was on accutane but two months only kept me clear for a year. I understand your info because my doctor told me my body carried a bacteria that caused this cystic acne. So my question is what could I take oral non prescription due to no health insurance. It sounds like I need to reduce the amount of DHT right and the A word I am sorry cant remember that word you said, should take saw Palmetto since I am female or what should I take? I am just a little confused reading all the posts.
    Thans muches

Old 11-21-2003, 10:42 AM   #96
    patienceandreward

patienceandreward HB User

Hi Invincible,
    Thanks for bumping this up. I've been looking for it.

Hi Sweetjade,
    Your research is wonderful! You must have learned sooooo much. Thanks for spending the time to post your findings and knowledge.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:42 PM   #97
    newgreen

newgreen HB User

woah. information overload. ha ha. thanks for your generousity sweet jade and blondiebiker!

peace

Old 03-21-2004, 09:44 AM   #98
    sleeptweedledee

sleeptweedledee HB User

Try Zinc Balance it has worked miracles on my face and back in just two weeks, get it anywhere its cheap, cheap, cheap. I had severe cystic acne I suffered from for twelve years and Accutane wasnt successfull. Do research on the yahoo, Zinc is wonderfull for everything and everybody lacks enough of it. Its worth a try please I havent had a knew break out in a month, complextion looks great, its proven in research to greatley improve acne. Let me know if you guys try it, a nutritionist recommended this to me, no regrets here and its only around five dollars a bottle that last a good month or two.

Closed Thread