It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Anyone know any good oil-free & non-comedogenic MAKEUP with good coverage???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2003, 03:23 PM   #1
    LckyStr

LckyStr HB User
    Question Anyone know any good oil-free & non-comedogenic MAKEUP with good coverage???

Does anyone recommend any good Make-up foundations? Make up for great coverage (red-spots and acne) that is oil-free and non-comedogenic? My face tends to get quite oily yet in some areas I am quite dry. I hear powder is best but that doesn't give me good coverage. I want to try MAC for the coverage but I just dont want to break out anymore. I also hear Bobbi Brown is good. Any suggestions? Thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
    Sweetie1

Sweetie1 HB User
    Prescriptives Oil-Free make-up. It's about $32.oo, it's oil-free, they match it to your skintone (dept. store makeup consultant), med. to full coverage, and it hasn't caused me breakouts. I am still in search of a good loose powder, though. The ingredients that make me breakout in cosmetics are Vit. E (tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate), butylene glycol, isopropyls, myristates, and mineral oil. Good luck!

Old 10-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #3
    neko13

neko13 HB User
    Smile

Check out a mineral foundation like Jane Iredale or Aromaleigh. They are the least likely to clog pores, are all-natural, and offer very complete but still natural-looking coverage! Good luck!

Old 10-20-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
    KatJ

KatJ HB User
    I have had good luck with ALMAY products, that is also what my Dermatologist suggested!

Old 10-21-2003, 12:55 PM   #5
    legalhottie23

legalhottie23 HB User
    Jane Irendale works great. I was using MAC studio fix which was great coverage however clogging my pores. I switch to Jane Irendale about 3 months ago and I haven't had that problem with clogged pores ever since. It all natural mineral base which is good for your skin. What is really cool is that you can use a brush to put more powder on your discolored spots and it works better than a concealer-natural looking. Its expensive but well worth it.

Old 10-21-2003, 12:55 PM   #6
    legalhottie23

legalhottie23 HB User

[This message has been edited by legalhottie23 (edited 10-21-2003).]

Old 10-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #7
    legalhottie23

legalhottie23 HB User

[This message has been edited by legalhottie23 (edited 10-21-2003).]

Old 10-21-2003, 03:20 PM   #8
    pageantchicka16
    (female)

pageantchicka16 HB User
    Talking

hey! I just started using Covermark about an hour ago. I heard good news about it and ordered the sample kit. It covers like WOW! i can sorta see a lil but barely anything! Its thick but wterproof and i think is ver good so far! Check out [url="http://www.Covermark.com"]www.Covermark.com[/url]

------------------
    *~*k阮Ѱ*~*

Old 10-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #9
    wicketglen7

wicketglen7 HB User
    Jane Iredale

Old 10-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #10
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User
    i use Almay

Old 10-22-2003, 01:24 AM   #11
    Bonnie1892

Bonnie1892 HB User
    Please try Jane Iredale cosmetics. I was a department store foundation addict (tried them all....MAC to Armani to La Mer) and Jane Iredale has been the ONLY one that has made a positive difference in my skin.

In fact, the reason I haven't been on this board in forever is because my skin has totally cleared up. For about three weeks straight I have had no bumps on my face whatsoever.

I attribute that to only using JI when needed (no other cosmetics) and getting tons of sleep. My diet has even been really bad lately, but my skin's been fine. I think using the wrong cosmetics can be a major cause of acne for many women. Especially those that are acne-prone. So try the JI.....hey, it's worth a shot!

Bonnie

Closed Thread