It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Finally REAL help for indents and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2004, 11:01 PM   #151
    Karl2
    (male)

Karl2 HB User
    Re: Finally REAL help for indents and scars

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnmcd
    anyone still around?
    I'm pretty new this board (2 months), and I asked that very question last week when I found out about the saline injections. Where did all those people go? I'm very interested in the procedure. I haven't tried yet, but the trip down to California is on the cards at the end of the year for me. If you have anything to say about the procedure, please do so, I will be listening.

Last edited by Karl2; 02-02-2004 at 11:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 01:08 AM   #152
    brclamont

brclamont HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by loubug
    I asked Dr. Sire how long the results would last,and he said they should be permanent unless you break out in that same spot again which could cause another scar.He also said he has been doing these injections for over ten years and there hasn't been anyone who has returned to get more injections once they finished treatments.These injections are for indented scars and won't cause the red spots to go away.
    I knew about this about 10 years ago and I could have them done for free on my med plan. But my plastic surgeon doctor said the scarring would return in about five years ( ice pick poke holes) and you would have to do it again and again ---- and the holes would get bigger and bigger. --- so I desided to keep my smaller holes.

Last edited by brclamont; 02-07-2004 at 01:23 AM.

Old 07-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #153
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User

Hello, I was just browsing this site looking at past posts and I found this old thread, and I saw that there were still people interested in this procedure wanting updates from people who tried it in the past. I was one of the first (in this thread anyway) to have the procedure done by Dr. Sire in Fullerton, OVER TWO YEARS AGO NOW, and if I remember correctly I went 5 times. I remember being very happy with the results, so much so that I stopped coming to the site altogether, as I imagine many people do when they try something on this board that works for them. I doubt anyone who had this done back when it was so hot on these boards is around anymore. Hopefully they also had success and stopped coming here for that reason. I had light scarring all over, but only three deep, saucer scars. For me at least, this procedure worked best for the multiple small scars, eliminating them by 90 percent or better, I would estimate. The larger scars I definitely saw an improvement with, although not as significant, maybe 50 percent. I honestly don't even think about my scars anymore, unless lighting is just terrible, and I remember a few years ago it was all I ever thought about when I was outside or insome type of harsh light. I was obsessed. I wouldn't recommend people fly from all parts of the country or drive for hours and hours to have this procedure done,like some people were doing a couple years back, but if your near the LA area i think it's worth checking out. It isn't a "miracle pocedure" or anything of the such, but I know that it worked pretty well for me. For all I know I might be the only one who has seen positive results. Ifthere happens to be anyone around who tried this, or who tried the "at-home" saline injections, let me knowwhat you thought, I'm sure there are a lot of other curious people as well. I'm not even sure how it worked, as it would seem the saline would be absorbed by the body and the scar would reappear a fewhours later after the swelling went down. Maybe it's just from the needle piercing the skin over and over which promotes collagen growth and raises the sunken area. I know some people were trying "needling" for a while with mixed results. Anyways, like I said I stumbled onto this thread again and just wanted to give an update to anyone who might be interested still, even if it is two years later. I'll answer any questions that anyone might have, and if anyone wants details about the procedure, there are 30 some-odd pages to look through also

Closed Thread