It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Finally REAL help for indents and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2002, 03:43 PM   #31
    lionel

lionel HB User
    also since i didn't get any responses from my message, please anyone getting these shots is it so hard to ask to have before pics and after pics taken so we can see the results for ourselves thanx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2002, 11:33 AM   #32
    loubug

loubug HB User
    The doctor does have before and after pictures. I did not ask to see them because I saw the article and pictures on the internet report that was done on the procedure, but next time I go I will ask to see them.They took my before picture and will take another picture at end of my treatments.There has been no follow up treatments for people who had this treatment because the treatments have been permanent.The only reason people have went back for treatments was because of new scarring from new breaouts.Yes this procedure is for all skin types.I have brown skin and it is working fine for me.This treatment only raises the scar,it does not take away dicoloration.

Old 03-08-2002, 02:16 PM   #33
    lionel

lionel HB User
    it would be great if anyone here would take their own before pics and after and put them here, so we can see.

Old 03-14-2002, 07:44 PM   #34
    redCashion

redCashion HB User
    hate to use this term in an acne forum, but...

bump

Old 03-18-2002, 02:23 PM   #35
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I went for my my second treatment today,and ouch,it hurt more than the first time.I think it hurt more because I knew it was coming so I was anticipating every time the needle would go in.I think I might use the numbing cream next time.It's not an extreme pain,but it can be a little uncomfortable at times.

Instead of getting one suringe done on my face I got two.Since it was going to be cheaper than I thought I decided to have two suringes.The doctor went over my temple areas again with one suringe and he started on my cheek areas with the other suringe.The total cost came out to be $143.It was $50 for each suringe and $35 for the office visit.I'll came everyone updated on how my face is looking.

I asked Dr. Sire if he was the only one who did this procedure,and yes he is.But he is going to publish a brocure that he has been working on and will be done in about a month or two.He will send this brocure to Derms all over the country who would like info on the saline injection procedure.It is a simple procedure that any Derm can do.

To answer the question about the injections and the accutane.Doctor Sire a person should wait about a month before having the saile injections done.

Old 03-18-2002, 03:42 PM   #36
    Mr. Right

Mr. Right HB User
    TJ-- no.

Because you don't know if your acne will go away or if it will come back. Dermo's reccomend that you wait at least 3 years after your acne has gone away to do anything about scars.

Old 03-18-2002, 05:43 PM   #37
    Bella2001

Bella2001 HB User
    Hey loubug,

I am also in the LA area and am very interested in this treatment. Did you see any improvement at all from your first treatment? I checked his webpage and there is no mention of the saline treatments anywhere which I thought was odd. Did you see any of the before/after pictures this time? I really hope this works for you. I am on Accutane now and should be finishing up in about 2 months so I will have to wait anyways before I start treatment. Please let us know if there is any improvement yet! I don't want to get my hopes up again...I feel like I have tried everything and nothing works for my scars. But maybe this time something finally will...Thanks, bella

Old 03-19-2002, 05:17 PM   #38
    loubug

loubug HB User
    Bella, I also tried many products for my scarring but none really did anything. I even spent $1400 for 12 microdermabrasion treatments that did nothing noticable. After my first treatment with the saline injections I did notice a difference. The scars were not as deep as before. I was surprised at the results because I didn't think that I would notice anything the first time. I had my second treatment yesterday and the scars Have improved even more. There are shallow scars on my temples that are really hard to see now.I have to really move my head around the lighting to see them. The deeper scars are also looking better.Yes I did see before and after pictures, and all had improvements.Some improved more than others, but most all of the pictures showed at least a 50% improvemnt on the scars.I would of been happy with a 10% improvement,but I noticed that the first treatment I had.So I am pretty exited about all this and I hope you are able to get this done.I'ts too bad this procedure is only done here,but Dr.Sire is going to finish a packet and get it out to other derms.
    Good Luck.

Old 03-19-2002, 06:33 PM   #39
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    hey lou, glad to see it all going well

Did you know it might be out? The pamphlet?

Old 03-20-2002, 04:44 PM   #40
    Bella2001

Bella2001 HB User
    Hey loubug,

Thanks for the update. I called the office and they told me that the procedure only works on the saucer-like scars and not ice pick scars. I mostly have ice pick scarring. What kind of scars do you have? I'm so glad that it is working for you. Please do keep us posted. bella

Old 03-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #41
    rohanan

rohanan HB User
    Okay, so I'm off to buy a syringe and I can use my saline contact lense solution... right? Just kidding. But gosh, it sounds so easy-like we could just do it ourselves. Can't wait!

Old 03-22-2002, 06:32 PM   #42
    loubug

loubug HB User
    Crzyakta, The pamphlet about the procedure will be out within a month or two.The reason it is taking so long is because Dr. Sire is the only one working on it,so trying to find time for that and all his patients is hard.

Bella, I have the saucer type scars.This is why I like this procedure so much.It really improves these type of scars.I have a few icepick scars and hopefully I will be able to find something not too expensive too improve these type of scars.

Rohanan, I thought the same thing you were.This procedure seems so easy whats keeping me from doing it myself. I probally would if I knew how to get the saline solution.But since I am able to work alot of overtime and can afford it I think I will stick with the pro.I almost spent thousands on laser surgery to get rid of my scars,and this wasn't even gauranteed.I'm glad I didn't.It's kind of funny that something so simple,something that takes about five minutes a treatment can work so well.I just hope Dr. Sire can get that info out to other derms as soon as possible so more of you guys can get the same procedure.Good luck to you all,and I will continue to keep evryone posted on my results.

Old 03-25-2002, 09:22 PM   #43
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    Hello Loubug,

I just found this site a few days ago, and I read your post. I live in the LA area (Hollywood) and decided to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sire. I have been getting microdermabrasion treatments done, and have only done 2 so far, at 100 dollars apiece, and have not seen any results from that. So after hearing your experience with the saline injections, I am very excited about getting the procedure myself. I set up the consultation for the 2nd of April, and more than likely will just stay and have the procedure done at that time. Just wanted to make this post so that I can let you guys know how the procedure goes, and if I see any noticeable differences. Lou, would you say there has been about a 15-20 percent improvement after each of the two procedures? More or less? I am really hoping that after about 5-6 of these, the scarring will be almost completely gone. I wouldn't say my scarring is severe, but it's very noticeable, and it would certainly change my life if this works.

Old 03-26-2002, 04:58 PM   #44
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    get that done, and maybe a very light laser treatment, with a collegan building cream afterwards, and I am pretty sure your skin will look scarless

Old 03-26-2002, 05:49 PM   #45
    loubug

loubug HB User
    Hey RPMcCalip,

I also had microdermabrasion done,but did't like it.It did make my skin feel smoother,but because I have sensitive skin it made me break out really bad causing new scarring.I had twelve treatments done and I Didn't notice any difference in my scars.
    So April 2nd is your appointment.I go back on April 1st.If you can,get started on the treatments that same day,just don't plan to go anywhere after that for about 3 hours because your face will loook like you broke out in hives.This only last for about 3 hours though.
    I noticed a 15 to 20 percent improvement on the first treatment.Like you,I wouldn't rate my scars as severe but they are noticable on my temples and parts of my cheeks.Actually I do have a couple of scars on my temple than I would say were pretty severe but now they are very much improved.These scars are about 25 percent improved,but I am very critical on myself because I don't want to get to exited until everything is completely done.
    Good luck,and I hope to here how it went on April 2nd.

Closed Thread