It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Finally REAL help for indents and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2002, 06:27 PM   #46
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    awww i REALLY wish they did this here! loudog, the next time you go, can you ask if he has like a sample pamphlet available? that he could give ya? I hope this isnt asking much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2002, 01:17 AM   #47
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User
    Loubug,
    Did you ever find out the name for this procedure? It would be easier to ask other doctors about the procedure later on.

Old 04-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #48
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I asked Dr. Sire if there was a more technical name for his procedure.He said all he has been calling it was "Saline Injections".He joked about comming up with something that sounds more medical,but for now all it is called is saline injections.
    There is no sample pamphlet out.When the pamphlet is completed it will then be distributed.
    RPMcCalip,did you get the procedure done afterall.If you did I hope it went well.As for me I had my third treatment yesterday and my scars are really looking good.My scars are more than 50% improved.

Old 04-02-2002, 04:36 PM   #49
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I asked Dr. Sire if there was a more technical name for his procedure.He said all he has been calling it was "Saline Injections".He joked about comming up with something that sounds more medical,but for now all it is called is saline injections.
    There is no sample pamphlet out.When the pamphlet is completed it will then be distributed.
    RPMcCalip,did you get the procedure done afterall.If you did I hope it went well.As for me I had my third treatment yesterday and my scars are really looking good.My scars are more than 50% improved.

Old 04-02-2002, 06:05 PM   #50
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    I just got back from the Doctor Sire's office about 30 minutes ago. I had my consultation and went ahead and had my first procedure done, and I wanted to go ahead and make this post to let everyone know a little more about it.

First of all, DAMN, it was pretty painful! I even used the numbing cream, which there is not a charge for, and it still hurt pretty bad. Keep in mind that I am a complete wuss, and have ZERO tolerance for pain, so other people might think it isn't so bad, but to me, it was pretty severe. Loubug, I am glad to hear that you are seeing so much improvement so quickly, because I was disappointed when I asked the assistant how much improvement I could expect. She said 30-40 percent, and I thought she meant after the first day, but turns out she meant 30-40 percent total, after the 5-6 procedures. She kept repeating that this was a "minor" procedure and that the results are not going to be very dramatic, even after multiple procedures. My scarring was very minor, according to her, and all of my scarring was on my cheeks, none on my forehead, or around my mouth or chin, and none of them are very deep, but she still said the total improvement will only be around 30-40 percent. Still much better than microdermabrasion, which really only smoothes out the texture of the skin, and doesn't really do anything to improve any individual scars. Right now, about 2 hours after the procedure, my skin looks like I have had a bad encounter with a hornets nest. The swelling went down pretty fast, but my skin is still pretty red, and I have many small red dots all over my face, where the needle pierced the skin. I really hope those disappear by tomorrow. My scarring isn't that deep, but I have many small indented scars on my face, and because of this, she had more saline to use since she didn't have to use as much on each individual scar, so she actually made between 35 and 40 injections into my skin (I kid you not, 35-40, I lost count after about 25 or so), so this may be why it was more painful for me than it was for you, loubug.

Anyways, just wanted to post my story, in case anyone else was interested in the procedure. And I am glad to hear you are so happy so far loubug, I hope this goes as well for me as it has for you thus far. I will make a quick post sometime tomorrow once the swelling has gone down completely and the redness fades, just to let everyone know what kind of an improvement, if any, I see.

Old 04-02-2002, 06:12 PM   #51
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    I just got back from the Doctor Sire's office about 30 minutes ago. I had my consultation and went ahead and had my first procedure done, and I wanted to go ahead and make this post to let everyone know a little more about it.

First of all, DAMN, it was pretty painful! I even used the numbing cream, which there is not a charge for, and it still hurt pretty bad. Keep in mind that I am a complete wuss, and have ZERO tolerance for pain, so other people might think it isn't so bad, but to me, it was pretty severe. Loubug, I am glad to hear that you are seeing so much improvement so quickly, because I was disappointed when I asked the assistant how much improvement I could expect. She said 30-40 percent, and I thought she meant after the first day, but turns out she meant 30-40 percent total, after the 5-6 procedures. She kept repeating that this was a "minor" procedure and that the results are not going to be very dramatic, even after multiple procedures. My scarring was very minor, according to her, and all of my scarring was on my cheeks, none on my forehead, or around my mouth or chin, and none of them are very deep, but she still said the total improvement will only be around 30-40 percent. Still much better than microdermabrasion, which really only smoothes out the texture of the skin, and doesn't really do anything to improve any individual scars. Right now, about 2 hours after the procedure, my skin looks like I have had a bad encounter with a hornets nest. The swelling went down pretty fast, but my skin is still pretty red, and I have many small red dots all over my face, where the needle pierced the skin. I really hope those disappear by tomorrow. My scarring isn't that deep, but I have many small indented scars on my face, and because of this, she had more saline to use since she didn't have to use as much on each individual scar, so she actually made between 35 and 40 injections into my skin (I kid you not, 35-40, I lost count after about 25 or so), so this may be why it was more painful for me than it was for you, loubug.

Anyways, just wanted to post my story, in case anyone else was interested in the procedure. And I am glad to hear you are so happy so far loubug, I hope this goes as well for me as it has for you thus far. I will make a quick post sometime tomorrow once the swelling has gone down completely and the redness fades, just to let everyone know what kind of an improvement, if any, I see.

Old 04-02-2002, 06:16 PM   #52
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    hey lou, glad to see its still goin good for ya, I was reading about subcision, and it seems to work in a similiar way (though more expensive), could you ask dr.sire about that next time you see him? in comparison to the saline, which he thinks is better?

Old 04-02-2002, 09:37 PM   #53
    leon2k2

leon2k2 HB User
    Hi, All
    I just had my first saline injection done a few hours ago. It was actually done by a young lady, instead of Dr. Sire. My face now looks pretty good, still many red, small bumps though. The lady said saline injection could not remove scars, only make them soften. She also said that about 30% improvement should be expected after minimum 5-6 treatments. I was a bit disappointed when i heard that b/c loubug said most b/f after pics showed at least 50% improvement. I guess probably she just wanna be low-key or conservative in the beggining b/c people did respond differently. I'm really glad that loubug already felt 50% improvement after only 3 treatments. Congrats! Hope everyone else, including me, is also that lucky!!
    I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:34 AM   #54
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I was told the same thing.Dr.Sire told me I would see a 50% improvement after it was all over.I think they tell people this to give them a worse case scenario.Most of the pictures I saw were more than a 50% improvement.I think you guys will see a 50% improvement after the third treatment.My face looks really good and I only have had 3 treatments.
    RPMcCalip, it is pretty painful.At times I grabbed on to the mat I was laying on,but I rather not spend extras money on the numbing cream.Too cheap.I really think you are going to be happy with the results,and I do think your scars will be more than a 50% improvement.I didn't think that my scars were going to be so improved because they told me I would see a 50% improvement.Keep us posted.
    leon2k2,I hope you also keep us all posted on your results.I am pretty exited for both you guys.I think you won't be dissapointed.I hope that Dr.Sire can get that pamphlet out as soon as possible so other across the U.S. can have thios procedure done.
    Crzyakta, I am going to ask doctor Sire about subscision next time I go back.
    So when do you guys go back for your next treatment.I go back the 15th of this month.
    The saline injections are injected under the scar raising the scar so new collogen can grow, so when the scar goes back down it doesn't go as deep as it used to be,and in time flattens out.

Old 04-03-2002, 08:15 AM   #55
    leon2k2

leon2k2 HB User
    Hi, Loubug

My face still have many red spots this morning, after more than 15 hours. Did this also happen to you? When will they be totally gone?
    btw, I can definitely see the improvement!! It's amazing... I'll have my next visit on 4/16.

Old 04-03-2002, 08:35 AM   #56
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    I was thinking that after they inject the saline, and it is absorbed by the body, maybe they could inject collegan or collegan creating agents, in theory, that could be a real help

Old 04-03-2002, 09:39 AM   #57
    loubug

loubug HB User
    leon, don't worry about the red spots they will go away.I had bumps that went away after a couple of hours and red marks that went away after a day.Right after the treatment I go home and get a leaf from a aloe vera plant in my yard and squeez the aloe out and rub it on the parts of my face that were treated.This helps me alot,but if you were to do nothing the marks will still go away just not as fast.

Old 04-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #58
    Gabe18Sca

Gabe18Sca HB User
    I am under those Injections , i have to go every tuesday to get my face injected and pinch by the derm .
    I gotta say it is really giving me result , though my face is not clear that much because i am in the second week of treatment and still i need more tuesdays to get my face clear . That is what my derm told me .
    I am just glad i found the right derm .

[This message has been edited by Gabe18Sca (edited 04-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Gabe18Sca (edited 04-03-2002).]

Old 04-03-2002, 10:47 AM   #59
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    Gabe, you found another derm who does this procedure? Where is he/she located? And you get this done much more often then loudog, are you sure its the same treatment (saline injections)

Old 04-03-2002, 12:15 PM   #60
    Karenblue

Karenblue HB User
    Hey there LouBug and RPM!

Loubug, I'm so happy for you that you are seeing so much success! I am doing some research on this procedure, I wanted to talk to my own derm about it and I like to go in fully informed. Virtually nothing on the web about it, unfortunately. One thing I am having the hardest time with - do either of you know what percentage saline solution Dr. Sire uses? I am betting it is .9%, that is most common for saline injections, but it would be awesome to know for sure. If you don't know, would either of you mind terribly asking?

Thanks a bunch, Karen

Closed Thread