It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Finally REAL help for indents and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2002, 08:04 AM   #1
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    Exclamation Finally REAL help for indents and scars

This was talked about on UPN13 (LA news station, Im in NJ though, just heard bout it) news they found that salt water injfections right into the dermis of the scar (ice pick type) would break up the collagen and let the skin raise up again to normal levels...

They have the video up on the web, I cant post the address here though. Its totally safe, CHEAP, and FAST...I want to know if derms around here will do the same procedure

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 01-31-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
    Wakeup Maggie

Wakeup Maggie HB User
    Tell us more! I want to know all about it...can you do it with saltwater and does it have to necessarily be an injection?
    It must be something with the salt...right? Sounds interesting.

Old 01-31-2002, 05:49 PM   #3
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    Its on their website, but after like a week they take down the recent videos, so its just an article, but let me tell this, the guys skin looked terrible, alot of pock marks and unevenness, after 5-6 sessions, it was like porcilin (spelling?)

Its a saliene solution, with a very thin needle

Old 02-01-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    Exclamation

yup mod! u hit it on the nose, its also VERY effective, use the mod's method to find out about it, too bad they took down the video, so you can see what it can do in realtime (its almost miraclous!)

It doesnt look so hard to do, maybe possible to be done by us? Dont know the percentage of saliene to use though...

Old 02-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #5
    JamieMadrox

JamieMadrox HB User
    wow...that is like a breakthru! thanks for letting us know!! i have to check that out!!! that could be the future for treating acne scars and it's well worth it to look into !! thanks again..

- jamie

Old 02-01-2002, 05:28 PM   #6
    **TJ**
    Inactive

**TJ** HB User
    I have read this too.. I wonder if it works on all type of acne scarring? Icepick and shallow depressions.
    I wish I could see the video..but what about this part of the article -- For Alex, "it has not been an extreme change" but still he's glad he did it.
    how much improvement did he really get? I hope it is something that really works.. sooo many things out there that really don't work

Old 02-01-2002, 07:29 PM   #7
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    Its funny, cause wen he said that I almost puked, the change was massive, he had 'normal' looking skin now, maybe he just doesnt like getting excited about it i guess?

Old 02-01-2002, 07:32 PM   #8
    **TJ**
    Inactive

**TJ** HB User
    I really hope can work... it would make soooo many people happy .. as with me ....If you find more info ..please post i will be researching too!

Old 02-09-2002, 09:59 PM   #9
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I first heard about this saline solution by Dr. Sire on this message board. Since I live in the L.A. area I made an appointment to see Dr. Sire about the saline injections for scars. My appointment is the 25th of Febaury. The first meeting is a consultation costing 50 dollars. If I decide to go with the treatments this fifty dollars will go towards my first treatment. After that treatments are about fifty dollars per injection. I will find out more when I go in for my consultation. I keep everyone posted.

Old 02-13-2002, 01:51 PM   #10
    mal o'nine

mal o'nine HB User
    keep us posted loubug...i live in Orange County and would be very interested in your experience.

Old 02-13-2002, 03:18 PM   #11
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    I live in NJ, and just visited my derm about it, he said he is very interested in learning about it, and would speak to his 'uppers' and see if they can get it going here too, also $50 perinjection?? Say you have like 4-5 scars you wanna get rid of..thats like $250 per visit!

Old 03-01-2002, 09:12 PM   #12
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I went this Monday for my consoltation. DR. Sire explained the procedure, and he said the procedure works well on indented scars like mine, the kind of scarring that looks like someone pushed the skin in with a fingertip.I decided to get the procedure done that day.I was very pleased with the results.One of these saline injections did more to improve my scarring than 12 microdermabrasion treatments.The microdermabrasion treatments did not do anything that was noticable for my scarring.The cost for the day was $164.00.The cost included the office visit which was just over a $100.00 and the injection wich was $50.00 plus the tax. Each time you go for a injection you pay for the office vist as well as the saline injection.The first initial office visit is $100.00 but after that the office visits are $60.00 plus the $50.00 for the injections.So the first visit and treatment is $164.00 then the rest of the visits and treatments come out to be $110.00 each time you go.It takes between 5 and 6 treatments so I will end up paying between 6 and 7 hundred dollars.This is alot cheaper that the $1400.00 I spent on the microdermabrasion treatments that did not really do anything for me.The $50.00 treatments include one saline filled surringe(I doubt I spelled that right)which can be injected in different areas on the face up to 20 injections.It is not 50 dollars per injection,but 50 dollars per saline filled surringe.I was only injected in my temple areas.It was a little painful but not unbearable.They offer a cream that numbs the face but save your money and suck up the pain, it's not that bad.The whole procedure took about 5 minute.After the ares that were treated look like you broke out in hives.This lasts for about a couple of hours.When I finally got home and looked at my face I was pretty happy at what I saw.The bumps whent down and my temple ares on both sides were completely flat I could not even see the scarring.This only lasts for another couple of hours before the skin goes back down but it was cool to see no scars even if it was just for awhile.Whaen the skin goes back down the scarring is less deep than before.I noticed about a 15% improvement, and there was one very shallow scar on my forhead thet is completely flat now, but that one was very shallow.I was told that the temple areas were the hardest to treat but the cheeks respond very well to these treatments.I didn't get my cheeks done yet only my temple areas.Well, I hoped that helped.I know this was long but there is probally things I left out,so if anyone has any questions just ask.

Old 03-01-2002, 09:33 PM   #13
    et

et HB User
    Question

loubug do you know how long the result will last and is it ok if you just took accutane? i have hundred of scars !! and is it good for fresh scar the red one that just heal from recent breakout? and can it make them red spot go away....

Old 03-02-2002, 02:30 PM   #14
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    Smile

hey lou, Im SO glad that you noticed the improvement, from the testimonies I have read on the net, after about the 4 visit, some of the deepest scars are made like 85% flat, and basically gone. Was it my post that gave you the idea to get it done? Also I ask one tiny little favor of you. Would you be able to ask Dr. Sire if he knows of any other dermatologist whom would be willing to perform this therapy? Like in the New Jersey area? Cause I asked my current derm and he said it sounded interesting, but that he couldnt cause he doesnt know (yeah good excuse...) Anyway, would you be able to do that one favor for me? I would be forever greatful, thanks!

Old 03-02-2002, 02:33 PM   #15
    loubug

loubug HB User
    I asked Dr. Sire how long the results would last,and he said they should be permanent unless you break out in that same spot again which could cause another scar.He also said he has been doing these injections for over ten years and there hasn't been anyone who has returned to get more injections once they finished treatments.These injections are for indented scars and won't cause the red spots to go away.

Closed Thread