It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Need to clear up back and chest for wedding!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2003, 07:12 PM   #1
    losinghope

losinghope HB User
    Question Need to clear up back and chest for wedding!

I need some advice. Since September I have been on Dynacin 100 mg twice a day, Differin during the day, Benzaclin at night, Neutrogena Clear and Clean Body Wash in the shower. I can not go on the pill because I have been trying to get pregnant in the midst of all of this. I am in a wedding in the summer and have had mild improvement on this regimen. Any suggestions and support would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2003, 11:52 AM   #2
    sedulous
    Veteran
    (female)

sedulous HB User
    i started using head and shoulders shampoo (got the idea from here) and that worked really well... now i just use it once in a while to maintain things. I think the the zinc pyrithione helps somehow.

Also, i don't know if you work out, or what your activity schedule is like, but i bought some new sports bras that were mesh in the back, and that helped. Also, changing my sheets & pillowcases every night did wonders.

I know these things sound simple, but when i really stuck to it, that's what finally cleared up my bacne.

Old 10-27-2003, 12:48 PM   #3
    taz_17

taz_17 HB User
    hi... tretinoin worked for me, i used stieva-a 0.05% cream back then.. another brand of tretinoin is retin-a. if u can get to your derm to prescribe the strongest concentration. i found this to be perfect for my back & chest acne since these areas are not exposed to the sun. u have to religiously apply though and ask someone to apply in areas u can't reach.. u may breakout more in first few weeks but it'll clear up in around 6-8 weeks

Old 10-27-2003, 06:11 PM   #4
    meeraboots

meeraboots HB User
    i heard that putting neutrogena toner (SA) in a spray bottle and spray it before bed, i hear it clears back and chest acne!

Old 10-28-2003, 06:00 PM   #5
    losinghope

losinghope HB User
    Thank you all for your interest and responses. I do not work out at all because I am petrified of sweat. I do some mild yoga occasionally, but just watch what I eat because I know I can't work out. I will try that toner, I actually looked for it today at the store but the name slipped me. I appreciate all of your suggestions. I will let you all know how things turn out. Keep em coming!

Old 12-08-2003, 05:10 PM   #6
    CocoEstrada

CocoEstrada HB User
    Re: Need to clear up back and chest for wedding!

i had bane really bad. i got HERBAL LOGIX, the cleanser then and the blemish spray and use it 1 or 2 times a day. wash your back with the cleanser (do NOT scrub, use hands) then when you get out of the shower, apply the blemish spray and let it dry. my back is COMPLETELY clear now (still scars, absolutely no acne.)
    WORKS LIKE MAGIC! its not expensive and i think u have to order it online
    good luck, let us know if it works.

Last edited by CocoEstrada; 12-08-2003 at 05:27 PM.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
    matahari

matahari HB User

You should try pHisoderm Clear Confidence face wash (not the body wash) and a back brush. Scrub gently and leave it on for about a minutes before rinsing. Do this twice daily and your back will be clear as a bell in less that a week!! Also the head & shoulders method works well if done the same way.

Good Luck!

Old 12-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #8
    too old for this
    (female)

too old for this HB User

Hey there. I've been living with "bacne" forever, it seems. My derm put me on differin and cleocin T gel. This went a long way to clearing me, but there were still some breakouts and I wasn't totally happy with the results. She recently switched me from differin to Retin A micro, which is still in the same retinoid family, I believe, but stronger. I've only been on the Retin A micro for 2 1/2 weeks, so it's too early to tell. My back has looked better than it has in months, though, so I'm hopeful.

The dermatology center I go to is conducting a study of laser treatment for back acne. I visited the derm today and she said I'm a perfect candidate for the study. Since it's part of a study I have to pay a small fee, which will be refunded when the study is complete. I definitely lucked out here -- usually the laser treatments at this center are $600 per session! The study starts in a few weeks. I will post my progress on the study on this board.

I work out a lot, and I tend to break out where the sports bra rubs against the skin. I wear bras made out of those moisture-absorbent materials, and shower after working out, so I don't know what else to do here. Very frustrating.

Closed Thread