It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Acne caused by mites (demodex)?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
us2weibles
(female)

us2weibles HB User
Acne caused by mites (demodex)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scars1982 View Post
Hi Stacy,

This is all the stuff I knoe about acne (the cystic kind):
1. It may be caused by a mite called human demodex. I know it sounds gross but 96% of the population has these on their face. It can get out of hand when you are stressed, have excess hormones (ie birth control) or have a weakened immune system from medication.
2. If you think this might be your case, do a search for demodex and do a little research. There is a site called demodex solutions with a message board with tons of people with the same problems as you but thet also have a treatment aimed specifiically for this stuff. The products that they sell do contain some anti-biotics though so if you think you are immune it might not work but it is up to you.
3. There is also a plant called ************ which also kills this mite off and there websites which sells actual "Acne Kits" to get rid of the problem.
That is what I am taking, as ************ is an immunity booster and horone regulator.There are creams, soaps, oils and capsules too.
4. One more thing, I went to the dermatologist to get a cortisone injection on a couple of my cysts but then they came back. So whrn i went to the health food store I asked the lady why that would be. She said that the cortisone and all the medications I have been on just put the mites to sleep and than when it wears off, they wake up. Interesting.
5. If you try this stuff, it will give your immune system a chance to get stronger and build up immunity to this. I've read alot of stuff that says the more medication a person is on, the more suppressed their immune system becomes.
I truly hope that this helps. Just a little warning, if you try either of these methods it may start to clear up and then it may flare up again. But that is good because it means your body is healing itself and getting rid of this crap.
I just read your quote and was very interested in the demodex! I have tried everything else so I figured it can't hurt. I have used OTC treatments, BC Pills, Spirnolactone, Antibotics, and nothing has worked. I even started using apple cider vinegar recently. I have had acne for 11 years and nothing seems to work just treats the symptoms and then it returns as soon as my body adjust to the current treatment. I just ordered from the demodex shop. I really hope this works.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-28-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: to start a new thread with your post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
lynlovesJC
(female)

lynlovesJC HB User
Re: Hormonal Cystic Acne Anonymous 'AA' club - lost and need help!!!

The mites can be killed by using borax powder(yes the one for clothes) mixed with peroxide. google and you will see.

Then you need a realllly good STRONG probiotic to keep the bad bacteria balanced in your system. The skin is the biggest detoxifying organ in your body, thus when you are toxic with bacteria guess what happens? ....acne etc etc etc!

Cysts in particular can also be caused from staph bacteria on your skin and even in your gut or system, thats why minocycline works. Best thing for bad bacteria such as staph and other forms of bacterial that cause acne is a STRONG probiotic. i have not had anymore cysts or acne since i started taking Xtralac. There are many strong probiotics but Xtralac also has GFS etc which is a miracle treatment!!!

Blessings!!

Last edited by lynlovesJC; 08-28-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Closed Thread