It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

What topicals have you tried??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
prettiestpon
(female)

prettiestpon HB User
What topicals have you tried??

I havent been to the derm in a while because I moved to a different state. But 3 years ago I was last seen and was pretty much on every script known to man (except accutane). I am on yasmin birth control which helps out pretty well, but when I do break out, the acne spots are more moderate and cause scarring. i have also tried retinol, differin, benzymycin (sp?), tazorac, and a ton of over-the counter stuff. Tazorac wroked amazingly for me, so I'd like another prescription for that.

Are there any other new prescriptions for acne products out there such as topicals? I also went on spiro, but my blood pressured dropped too low and that kinda freaked me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
luvmakeup1000
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User
Re: What topicals have you tried??

Have you ever tried just an aspirin mask? unless you are allergic to aspirin don't try it. If not then it's cheap and it's worth a try. I thought this couldn't work, it's too easy and cheap but finally I tried it and so glad I did. Get uncoated aspirin put a few drops of warm water with a few tablets make into a paste with your fingers and spread on your face. I leave it for 30 min and then wash off and it kind of exfoliates also, the granules are superfine and after I dry, then on the super tough acne spots or areas where I feel a huge zit is about to come out, I will melt a tablet and just put some on those spots and leave overnight......huge difference it made for me. It cleared up my face really well. The acne I had went away 3 times faster and some of the ones coming up never came to a head, they went away. At least it's worth a try, you never know. I won't use anything else ever again. Good luck.

Closed Thread