It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• accutane and wrinkles

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-11-2000, 01:36 PM   #1
    niki

niki HB User
    accutane and wrinkles

Accutane may cure acne, but some oil is essential to prevent aging of the skin. People with acne look young for a long time. Anyway, I've heard things about accutane drying out the skin and causing premature wrinkling. This is just something to think about in addition to all the other side effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2000, 07:10 PM   #2
    Jo

Jo HB User
    Re: accutane and wrinkles

You do have a point, its a tough choice though. My skin has always been a problem & continues to be post-accutane - although I did get some improvement. I'm 33 & had perfectly wrinkle free skin. My skin never returned to its pre-accutane oil-slick state though, & now I have some fine lines on my forehead - which were NOT there before. Its just another issue that's depressing me, I'm using moisturizer but I don't know what to do to get the lines to smooth out. They aren't noticeable to anyone but me - YET. I didn't get lines anywhere else, I don't even have anything around my eyes, & I'm happy to say I look very young for my age. However, now I want these fine lines to leave, & I didn't get them til right after I dried out on accutane.

Closed Thread