It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• About accupeel tca, (Ryan are you still there?)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2001, 10:20 AM   #1
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User
    About accupeel tca, (Ryan are you still there?)

HI AGAIN,

Ryan if you are there, I am sorry to have to do this to you again. For the past two weeks I have looked up every information I could on acne scar treatments, I have also visited a number of plastic surgeons and a number of cosmetic surgeons in NY, additionally, I went to California recently and checked out a few plastic surgeons and dermotology surgeons in Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
    Each surgeon suggested different techniques, with the majority agreeing on dermabrasion/dermaplaning, or a series of three microdermabrasions at the most. The doctor I visited in California indicated to me that there is a new peel, an accupeel that will help me (she showed me pictures of clients after three weeks where the results were unbelievable).
    I also looked into Artecoll collagen injections, but I am a little skeptical about the results and may be a little reluctant to try that.
    I have tried to find out information on the net that would help me with the results, outcome and uses of the accupeel and how it works, but most of the information is quite brief on the treatment of acne scars.
    I know there is a user Ryan, that mentioned this type of peel before, is there anyone that can provide information to me on what and how this peel works? Is is successful in treating depressed scars and large pores (not necessarily ice pick scars, just pin hole scars) specifically on the cheek areas?
    Thank YOu so much for anyone who can help me with this, the doctors I visited all told me this is a deeper peel and would help with my scars, but I need to know if anyone has any experience with it, just for further information before I make a decision.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2001, 03:56 PM   #2
    ryan

ryan HB User
    Re: About accupeel tca, (Ryan are you still there?)

sounds like you caught some good surgeons along with some, well, not so up to date ones. that's why you try and visit several though. you'll get that.

dermabrasion is, or should be, out. there's nothing it can do that laser can't, and more efficiently. you may not even need something so drastic. at least not for full face. i also don't know why they suggested only 3 microdermabrasion treatments for you. that'll do very little, if anything. microdermabrasion was designed to work through a series of multiple treatments, so, that's kind of self-defeating and worthless to only go with 3.

here's a link for more info on the accupeel tca masque. if you have any other questions, just ask.
    <A HREF="http://www.medscape.com/IMNG/SkinAllergyNews/2000/v31.n05/sa3105.26.02.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.medscape.com/IMNG/SkinAllergyNews/2000/v31.n05/sa3105.26.02.html</A>

Old 03-10-2001, 08:37 AM   #3
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User

Hi Ryan, I had a look at the site, but they do not mention anything about acne scars. I however thank you, the information was a lot more than what I received form the dermatologist. My scaring is mild and moderate respectively with enlarged pores. I really do not want to do laser treatments, I would prefer something else. I am not also looking for perfection, just significant results.
    My dermatologist recommended collagen treatments, but I do not want ot do something repeatedly (and I am skeptical about collagen treatments to begin with).
    Thank you so much for your help, I'll keep trying, but I greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

Old 03-10-2001, 04:39 PM   #4
    ryan

ryan HB User

what you could do if you want to find out more about how either percentage will affect acne scars is go back and see what percentages the accupeel treatments equal out to when compared to other tca peels and see what those do for acne scars by checking other sites on here.

for instance, the higher one was near equal to a 35-40% tca peel, right? see what a 35-40% peel does or try to find something about it. you should see good results with mild to moderate acne scarring with either peel. two treatments of the lower peel might be the best option though. you may also want to look into a series of glycolic acid peels. 6 will cost about $400, and the accupeel i believe normally goes for about $500. the 70% glycolic acid peels are supposed to work fairly well.

Old 03-11-2001, 08:37 AM   #5
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User

Thank you, actually, I looked up a lot of information on the accupeel, and I visited a surgeon this morning and asked him about the peel. He surprisingly said that it may be able to help me but results are usually gradual. He indicated that peel is extremely deep and will help with deep sacrs even ice pick scars. From what I read, it sounds like peel gets right down to the dermis.
    I am sorry if I sound so obsessive or if I expect to see immediate results, but I do not want to do anything too hasty. I am currently working on my Ph.D and it is beginning to become a little expensive so I received an offer from my previous modelling agent (I modeled when I was 17, had no acne at the time), and they pay extremely well which would be able to help me finance my graduate career. It is unbelievable how much money is involved in modelling. My agent has not seen me since 19 only in photos, which do not show any scars at all. I indicated to him the extent of my scars and he is willing to finance a portion of the costs. So this is why I am so interested in getting maximum results for my scar revision, also for myself too.
    Thank you so much for all your help, I have an appointment/consultation on Wednesday, I will let you know the results.
    Also, have you heard of Artecoll, the results seem remarkable.

Old 03-11-2001, 04:38 PM   #6
    Laney

Laney HB User

Annabelle,
    Would you mind giving me the names of the surgeons you saw in the L.A. area? I'm interested in checking into accupeel for myself.
    Thanks,
    Laney

Old 03-12-2001, 08:07 AM   #7
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User

Laney, the name of the surgeons were Dr. Leslie Bolton and Dr. Corbin, additionally, I visited a cosmetic clinic called Sonya Dakar, you can find out a lot more information on these surgeons on the net. But please think carefully and along with your doctor and see which procedure is best for you.

Closed Thread