It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• do dermatologists really have to ***** the pimples?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2001, 09:26 AM   #1
    lai

lai HB User
    do dermatologists really have to ***** the pimples?

I recently went to a skin clinic... they gave me a facial and at the course of the treatment they pricked my pimples... (i also went through glycolic peeling after a week) actually, it was fine as long as they ***** the small ones... those that have form pustules. But is it still right if they ***** big pimples? like cystic ones? It really hurts! i asked the physician if she can just inject something to it... coz in my past experience with other doctors they just inject something to big pimples... but she told me that if she will just do that...the pus will not go away and pimples will continue to reappear on that same spot.

Im really confused... i have doubts on her method.. it is giving my skin more scars than before...

please give me some advice on whether or not my dermatologist is doing what is right for my skin.

------------------
    lai

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2001, 11:12 AM   #2
    Unregistered

Re: do dermatologists really have to ***** the pimples?

the puss will not cause the pimple to form over and over again, its the bacteria that does that. Things like bp or other agents such as that will kill the bacteria, draining the pimple is fine if done by a derm (they usually know how to do it right). Just make sure you use something on it after to kill the bacteria.

Old 04-14-2001, 03:47 PM   #3
    Bella2001

Bella2001 HB User

Yes, I agree with M_L -- as long as it is done by a derm, then they usually do it right...and the pimple goes away much faster. But I would not try extracting a pimple that big on your own because you could do some serious tissue damage. I have found that my pimples heal faster when extracted than injected. hth. bella

Old 04-14-2001, 04:46 PM   #4
    sillygirl
    (female)

sillygirl HB User

Oh, I HATED that! Before Accutane, they did that to me all the time. It would leave my face swollen, red, and puffy for days. I finally refused to let them do it to me...

Closed Thread