It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Difference between Cetaphil and offbrand

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #1
    Matt99

Matt99 HB User
    Difference between Cetaphil and offbrand

What is the actual difference between Cetaphil and the off brand such as Walmart (Equate) or whatever. I have used the offbrand to save money and was wondering if anyone noticed a difference. Should I buy the more expensive stuff or is it all the same.
    Side Note
    I have been doing the no water thing and it feels great. Can you use Differin right over the top at night? I only use differin. I have mild acne on my forehead, but for the most part, I think my acne has been caused by overdrying and irritation. Since I have been doing the no water thing for two days, my face is normal color (no red) and it feels smoother and less oily (I think that is the major prob on my forehead). It was definately worth a try. Hope it pans out in the long run. Thanks freeatlast for mentioning it.

Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2001, 10:32 PM   #2
    freeatlast
    Inactive

freeatlast HB User
    Re: Difference between Cetaphil and offbrand

My advice: Pay the extra few bucks for Cetaphil. I've used no name brands and they are a bit more irritating.

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
    mechalan

mechalan HB User

Freeatlast, im confused as to how much you use (cetaphil that is). I used a half dollar size amount like u said, and i barely have enough to coat it evenly over my whole face.

Old 04-06-2001, 07:58 PM   #4
    freeatlast
    Inactive

freeatlast HB User

Use as much as you need so that you can effectively wash your face with it... don't skimp. I personally use about a silver dollar sized amount.

Closed Thread