It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• B5-How many mg should I start off with?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2000, 05:55 AM   #1
    ahl

ahl HB User
    B5-How many mg should I start off with?

I keep reaging all this great stuff about B5. I would like to start taking it, but how much do I take, How long does it take to work, any certain brand better than others or are they all the same,Does it help with old acne? Sorry so may questions. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2000, 10:28 AM   #2
    Lucy

Lucy HB User
    Re: B5-How many mg should I start off with?

I read on another board that b5 needs to be kept in certain temperatures, so you need to get it from good places otherwise it might be not as effective. I got mine at a vitamin store, and it seems to be working. I heard that Solgar is a good brand, and GNC is the worst. You can get it at any health store. Look under Pantothenic Acid instead of b5. You can take anywhere from 2000 mgs to 20,000 mgs. I am taking between 2000 and 3000. You can see how it goes and increase your dose. Maybe take 2000 in the morning 2000 with lunch and 2000 before bed. I think 5000 mgs is an average daily dose. The pills come in 500 mgs and 1000 mgs...just get whatever you prefer. For me, I noticed less oil on the second day. It's been about 5 days and I have only had one new zit..and not a huge pimple either, just a little one. I would say it is definitely worth a try. Good luck!

Old 12-20-2000, 10:48 AM   #3
    Frustrated24

Frustrated24 HB User

WHAT? Why is GNC the worst? I just started that one - it seems fine to me!

Old 12-20-2000, 10:59 AM   #4
    ahl

ahl HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucy:
    <B>I read on another board that b5 needs to be kept in certain temperatures, so you need to get it from good places otherwise it might be not as effective. I got mine at a vitamin store, and it seems to be working. I heard that Solgar is a good brand, and GNC is the worst. You can get it at any health store. Look under Pantothenic Acid instead of b5. You can take anywhere from 2000 mgs to 20,000 mgs. I am taking between 2000 and 3000. You can see how it goes and increase your dose. Maybe take 2000 in the morning 2000 with lunch and 2000 before bed. I think 5000 mgs is an average daily dose. The pills come in 500 mgs and 1000 mgs...just get whatever you prefer. For me, I noticed less oil on the second day. It's been about 5 days and I have only had one new zit..and not a huge pimple either, just a little one. I would say it is definitely worth a try. Good luck!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice. I'm heading to the health store.ahl

Closed Thread