It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• HELP! acne on neck=lymph nodes!!??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2001, 05:30 PM   #1
    ukguy19

ukguy19 HB User
    HELP! acne on neck=lymph nodes!!??

I have bad acne on my neck for years with no lumps(please look at my previous postings)but over 4 months ago I went to the doctors with a lump above my left ear. He said it was due to my bad acne on my neck! The lump went down, came back up again and went down. Now however, I have found another lump above my right ear, another below my left ear on the side of my face (v near the ear) and another on the side of my neck on the right side. Lumps dont have any heads like spots do, and are slightly smaller than a pea and painless but can be tender if touched constantly. Doctor said it was enlarged lymph nodes due to an infection from my acne! Can this be so? Has anyone else had this! Ofcourse I'm worried it may be something more serious and doc has given me some tablets (co-amoxiclav) to try and treat it! please help! Thanks
    James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2001, 07:35 PM   #2
    acnesux

acnesux HB User
    Re: HELP! acne on neck=lymph nodes!!??

hi james
    last week i had sugery for the first time.
    I had a cyst removed from under my chin. I believe they said it was/or had something to do with a swollen lymph node. They had to remove it to make sure it was a simple cyst and also so it didnt get infected.
    I was furious and imbarressed after the sugery to find out the cyst was caused by my acne...FIGURES!
    So, yes these cysts you are getting are most likely just caused by your acne...nothing serious dont worry.
    i know you dont want them there..and maybe your doctor too will want you to get a surgery to remove them.
    hope my information helps a little
    emily

Closed Thread