It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

ER...#$%% flaky skin, help please

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2001, 07:42 PM   #1
Kevin9870

Kevin9870 HB User
ER...#$%% flaky skin, help please

Dang guys, this is really getting to me, in the morning i look fine, flaky wise, skin is all in tact, but when i get to school during about 3rd period my face gets flaky and people are all asking "what's that s#$% on your face?" GRR it pisses me off! what is a good was to exfoliate w/o the irratation?? please post, right now im using that phisoPuff to exfoliate the dry skin, it helps, but gets pretty red. Thank you guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2001, 08:01 PM   #2
meschel

meschel HB User
Re: ER...#$%% flaky skin, help please

I think what you really need is a great moisterizer. You are irriating your skin by exfoilating. My personal choice is Dermalogica Active moist. But it is expensive ( but so worth it)but I am sure many people on these boards can recommend a cheaper moisterizer. What I like about mine is a only have to apply it once. I am on Accutane and my skin is extremely dry and flakey and the moisterizer is helping a great deal.

Hope I can help and good luck,
MIchele

Old 03-13-2001, 11:20 AM   #3
ruffeo
Inactive

ruffeo HB User

My skin got dry and flaky just like yours, during the time I used a light lotion, Murad's. It sucked because I'd have to apply It about 5 times a day just to get rid of the dryness, yet the skin flakes were still visable. So I went out to buy cetaphil CREME. It's great, no more flakes of skin and the dryness has been eliminated. The jar was about 10 bucks, but it should last your for eons. you can buy this pretty much anywhere they sell cetaphil products (walmart, riteaid, walgreens, savons, cvs, brooks).

Old 03-13-2001, 12:06 PM   #4
sweet__Girl

sweet__Girl HB User

Maybe your dermatologist could give you a prescription lotion. Whatever you choose, make sure it's oil free.

Closed Thread