It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Cetaphil Wash without Water?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2001, 09:59 PM   #1
Jeff23

Jeff23 HB User
Cetaphil Wash without Water?

When I was going to my derm a few months ago, he gave me some of those Cetaphil bottles (little tiny ones) but they had no directions on them, so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with them. At first, I thought it was a lotion type thing, so I just threw (dumb derm never told me anything about it, it just came with some pads that he wanted me to use) it on whenever my skin got dry, hehe, silly me, but it did calm my skin when I was in school in the middle of the day, when my skin started to lose its faded effect and my acne marks would look more promimenent, and I couldn't wash my face since it seems our school has hard water in the bathrooms (and the soup is like ultra powered to destroy any darn thing that moves).

What I'm asking is, can someone relay those directions to using the Cetaphil liquid soap in a way that doesn't require water (if it's just like applying like a lotion, just say so, heh.) and are there any negative effects to me continuing to apply the liquid cetaphil in the middle of a school day (around 12ish noon, wake up around 7ish morning). Would this help me in the long run? Or is it one of those good short run, bad long run things?

Also, does anyone not support going to a derm? If anyone has noticed, I haven't exactly had a great relationship with my derm (who happens to be the only one in town) so I've pretty much went on my own way in cleaning it up..which is just through water and soap (;p), but I really haven't anything horrible. My acne has never been cystic, and I've just had a few scars on my skin (wish they would go away..alas..) and the occasional whitehead on my chin(which I pop) and on my nose (which I just let go, they usually fade by the time I get to school.)

I'm getting a job too, so maybe I can actually go buy some medication <gasp!> Thanks Ma and Pa for the previous help! (a horrible derm)

- J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2001, 10:14 PM   #2
choking_victim

choking_victim HB User
Re: Cetaphil Wash without Water?

its simple...wash your face with it without any water..once you wash it(wash it gently and not to long) take a moist towel and gently take away the excess lotion off your face...than rinse it thoroughly..after that pat gently dry with a towel..its really simple...i use it everyday and it works nicely...no drying or anything

Old 03-21-2001, 10:32 PM   #3
Kee

Kee HB User

You should read freeatlast's post "Try this" it is a few posts down. he uses cetaphil without water by applying it gently first and then rubbing it off gently with a towel or soft cloth, that's it, no water.

I just started doing that today, and then I follow it with a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide at night.

Kee<p>[This message has been edited by Kee (edited 03-22-2001).]

Old 03-22-2001, 12:57 PM   #4
freeatlast
Inactive

freeatlast HB User

I just use a soft, dry, clean towel and pat my face and neck dry after gently washing my face and neck with Cetaphil.

Old 03-22-2001, 02:45 PM   #5
Matt99

Matt99 HB User

I've had bad luck with my Derm. It seems as if I'm just another case, just another number. He is becoming rich off of me and I feel as if he really doesn't know what he's doing. I pretty much tell him what I want prescribed. I research on the net and ask him if he thinks it would help. TOTALLY know how you feel. It sucks when you drive an hour and a half to see him and your appointment lasts 2.5 minutes.

Closed Thread