It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I think Benzac AC Wash is Messing My Skin Up Hardcore...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2001, 05:44 PM   #1
    Dralem

Dralem HB User
    I think Benzac AC Wash is Messing My Skin Up Hardcore...

I've been using this for a while now, and it seems to be working, but I can't really tell. I got Minocycline induced Hyperpigmentation so any pimple on my body that gets killed ends up leaving a dark spot that takes forever and a year to get rid of. Therefore, I cannot really say it's helping since it seems to be doing something else..bad.

My upper back around the shoulders seems to be discolored, a dark shade of skin than the rest of me. In addition, starting around my lower back by my kidneys I suppose the skin runs up from there to my armpits, but around them and up towards my shoulders. The skin in that area is dark and very very rough.

It feels very tight in the morning in these areas and when I do any stretch that stretches out the skin back there slightly, it feels like that layer of skin is going to tear, it's so dry and messed up. When I end up doing physical activity, my sweat makes my skin feel like it is slightly burning or stinging for that matter.

I'm have back/upper arm/shoulder acne much like that is shown in this picture:
    <A HREF="http://*****.lycos.com/content/asset/adam_imagepage_2929" TARGET=_blank>http://*****.lycos.com/content/asset/adam_imagepage_2929</A>

Except I don't get anything big, just a bunch of small ones. See those dark spots? My back is littered with them for the most part. Now imagine those dark spots except all combined to form a large patch of skin on my back that is very very rough, and is only like that in a certain section.

I'm making an appointment with my derm. today or tomorrow, and will probably see him within one to two weeks.

Has anyone else had this problem...and do you think it could be the Benzac (Benzoyl Peroxide based water wash)? I'll stop using it..but then how am I going to help clear this stuff? I'm screwed when it comes to this warm weather and swimming pools, that's what I fear so very, very, much...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread