It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Vaseline and acne scars???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2001, 07:39 PM   #1
Unregistered

Vaseline and acne scars???

I read somewhere that Vaseline helps acne scars,is this true?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2001, 07:49 PM   #2
Oldguy

Oldguy HB User
Re: Vaseline and acne scars???

Hi Guy,
___I would avoid any oils or greases. Acne scars can only be cleared with time, or as PhilLaser said; by dermabrasion. Dermabrasion used to be done with sandpaper, where they literally ground off the bumps to the depth of the valleys...not at one treatment though. Now they've gone high tech with a crystal and wand system,,,,much less painful after. Chemical peels just renew the skin surface, but does little to get rid of bumps and pock marks. God bless
_________Oldguy

Old 03-18-2001, 10:57 PM   #3
swissmiss

swissmiss HB User

yeah, I agree with oldguy... stay away from vaseline and any other greasy/oily products. Aloe vera might help, and I believe some people are using mederma to help with the marks.

Old 03-19-2001, 11:17 AM   #4
philLaser

philLaser HB User

The microdermabrasion is not expensive- it costs me $87 a session (though it adds up).

I had great success with vaseline for my red marks though and the advice I got was from my doctor. He does a lot of laser and dermbrasion work for acne patients (very bad scarring) and after the procedure, they end up with a fresh, red wound over their old scars. ALL doctors and plastic surgeons treat this with Vaseline, yes, Vaseline.

However, if you read my posted topic, I only use it on the marks, not all over the face! thanks.

Old 03-19-2001, 11:56 PM   #5
Whozat

Whozat HB User

PhilLaser, did microdermabrasion make do anything to make your pores appear smaller? and did it completely erase the smaller scars? Thanks a lot for your time, your info is very informative

Old 03-20-2001, 03:33 PM   #6
Penny M

Penny M HB User

I have not found a dermatologist in my area (or within 100 miles) that does microdermabrasion for less than $150 a session. I have talked to more offices than I can remember, and they are all the same price or more. Microdermabrasion is recommended when the yellow light laser (N-Lite) is done. I just brushed the idea of microderm. off because I thought they were trying to pad my bill. After seeing the pictures here and reading all of the positive responses, I think I may have it done. Has any one out there had the N-Lite procedure done? I had it done last week. Here, a full face it costs $1500. What are the prices in other cities?

Old 03-20-2001, 06:40 PM   #7
Rachele

Rachele HB User

I read an article from a magazine that said vitamin E does nothing to promote healing for red marks and scars however, some herbs found in lotions and creams (meadowsweet, comfrey, aloe vera, horsetail rosehips and slippery elm bark)promote the skin to regenerate more quickly so they may help for scars and marks..of course this is something you can do on your own, and you don't need a dr.

Rachel

Closed Thread