It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• anyone know anything about collagen treatments?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2001, 02:24 PM   #1
    meg1

meg1 HB User
    anyone know anything about collagen treatments?

ive suffered from acne for 8 years now and as a result i have ice pick divits on my cheeks that i desperatley want to remove ...ive heard collagen treatments are the answer. anyone know anything further on this procedure?? PLease HELP!!
    meg1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2001, 06:52 AM   #2
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User
    Re: anyone know anything about collagen treatments?

Hi Meg,
    My dermatologist asked me about a week ago if I were interested in collagen treatments for my depressed scars. I told him no, because I did not know much about the procedure. Since then, I have read a lot of information about it. The treatments are not permanent and will have to be repeated. Usually, they use bovine(cow) collagen, or you can use your own collagen (I'm not sure how that is done), but the effects are only temporary and after a few months, you skin will return to how it was before, you would have to maintain consistent treatments. I am not sure whether this is the best procedure, maybe skin resurfacing would be a more permanent solution (that is what I want, something where I just do it once or twice and see permanent results). I hope this helps, the web has tons of information on collagen treatments.

Old 03-05-2001, 09:24 AM   #3
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User

Hi Meg,
    I recently found out about a new collagen treatment called Artecoll collagen, but it has not yet been approved by the FDA in the US. It is available in Canada, Mexico and Europe, the few people I know from Canada that have done it have all had amazing results and I was told it is permanent. It uses PMMA and bovine collagen, as the PMMA dissipates over two to three months, your skin rebuilds it's own natural collagen (sounds amazing, but I have seen and spoken to a few people that did it over 8 months ago and the results seem to be long lasting). I just found out about this after another member of this board, Ryan, mentioned to me that there are other treatments. I hope tis helps, I have researched this extensively so if you need more information, I will be glad to assist you.

Old 03-05-2001, 03:49 PM   #4
    meg1

meg1 HB User

thank you so much for your replies...My next question is about how much do collagen treatments cost...the one im most interested in is the permanant one that actually connects with your skin...thanks again

meg

Closed Thread