It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Saw palmetto an antiandrogen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2000, 09:14 PM   #1
    Olivia

Olivia HB User
    Saw palmetto an antiandrogen

Hi my name is Olivia and I'm new to this.
    Anyway I've been struggling with hormonal acne (bad at ovulatiion) for about 20 years and found the only thing that helped were birth control pills. I can't take those anymore because they make me depressed. From what I understand acne is caused be an excess of sebum secretion due to an excess of androgens in the body. According to what I've read about the herb saw palmetto (which is normally used to treat enlarged prostate gland) it has very strong anti-androgen properties. I really think this may do wonders. I started on the 2.5 grams of b5 and I just got some saw palmetto to see it it helps. Has anyone tried this?
    I'm hopeful.

Thank you,
    P.s. Tazorac sounds promising and where can I get f.a.c.e.?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2000, 08:02 AM   #2
    Tricia2

Tricia2 HB User
    Re: Saw palmetto an antiandrogen

I too have read that saw palmetto is an anti-androgen. If Diane35 doesn't work for me, that is my next step. Please keep us updated!

Old 12-11-2000, 11:51 AM   #3
    Olivia

Olivia HB User

Tricia,
    Thanks for your response. I hear the Diane 35 works. When I was on bc pills it took 3 to 4 cycles to start working.
    I stopped the saw palmetto because I was taking b5 along with it and want to know which element is responsible for improvements. The b5 is working!!!!! My skin is becoming so smoother I can't believe it. I feel like it's a miracle. I can't tell you how many things I've tried and always stopped because of side effects.
    Not only does the skin on my face look better , my body skin is smoother and retains moisture better. Now get this---I have been on 5000 mgs. for three days and yesterday I upped it to 6000 mgs.(per reccommendation from Izabelle). This morning when I woke up (only my 4th day)
    it was noticebly smoother and clearer. If
    you haven't tried it you must do it. I take the Pantothenic Acid (b5) supplement 500 mgs. per capsule made by Solaray.
    They are a reputable company and have used their products before.
    I'm going to stay on this for a couple of weeks before I add in the saw palmetto and see if I find added benefits. I have read it also helps to balance horomones which I desperately neeed because I suffer from severe pms.
    Keep me updated on your progress and fill me in on if you have ever tried the b5.
    Olivia<p>[This message has been edited by Olivia (edited 12-11-2000).]

Old 12-11-2000, 11:55 AM   #4
    Olivia

Olivia HB User

Tricia,
    Thanks for your response. I hear the Diane 35 works. When I was on bc pills it took 3 to 4 cycles to start working.
    I stopped the saw palmetto because I was taking b5 along with it and want to know which element is responsible for improvements. The b5 is working!!!!! My skin is becoming so smooth I can't believe it. I feel like it's a miracle. I can't tell you how many things I've tried and always stopped because of side effects.
    Not only does the skin on my face look better , my body skin is smoother and retains moisture better. Now get this---I have been on 5000 mgs. for three days and yesterday I upped it to 6000 mgs.(per reccommendation from Izabelle). This morning when I woke up (only my 4th day)
    it was noticebly smoother and clearer. If
    you haven't tried it you must do it. I take the Pantothenic Acid (b5) supplement 500 mgs. per capsule made by Solaray.
    They are a reputable company and have used their products before.
    I'm going to stay on this for a couple of weeks before I add in the saw palmetto and see if I find added benefits. I have read it also helps to balance horomones which I desperately neeed because I suffer from severe pms.
    Keep me updated on your progress and fill me in on if you have ever tried the b5.
    Olivia

Closed Thread