It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I need help on acne scars and my comments on Egg Yolk

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2000, 09:09 AM   #1
    danialgoh

danialgoh HB User
    I need help on acne scars and my comments on Egg Yolk

Hi all

I am a newbie to this board and I hope that I can gain many tips on how to clear up my face.

I have been suffering from acne for 6 years. Yes. It is THAT long. It is hereditary as my mum got it too when she was a teenager. Anyway, my pimples have cleared up and I am SO happy. Of course there are still 2 or 3 pimples left on my face. But its alright as it is clearing up too.

Now my problem is, I have ugly scars and I need to know what can be done to fade those red scars. I really hope there is a remedy to this. I hope someone or anyone can help me. Thank you.

Next, when I had lots of pimples, I used egg yolk in the hope of clearing up my pimples. This method was recommended by somone from the old board. Guess what? My pimples worsened! I used it for 2 weeks and I realised what an ugly sight my face was. I immediately stopped it and I rubbed ice cube on my face. Again, this method was recommended by someone from the old board.

Fortunately, this method works as it really clears up my pimples. So my comment is that the egg yolk works on certain people but definitely not me.

My only worry is how to fade my red scars on my face and I am in need of help. Please help me. Thanks a lot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2000, 09:19 PM   #2
    danialgoh

danialgoh HB User
    Re: I need help on acne scars and my comments on Egg Yolk

I am sorry but I am still waiting for a reply from any of you guys. Please help me Guys. I am in need of help. Really.

Thanks!

Old 11-12-2000, 10:48 AM   #3
    Loo

Loo HB User

You may want to read an interesting article on acne scars by Audrey Kunin, M.D. The site I am looking at with this article sells things, so I am sure I cannot post the link here. But if you search *********** for
    "audrey kunin m.d." acne scars
    the first link should be the one you want to click on to read it. The site says that the info is not allowed to be reproduced in any way or I would have pasted the info here, but they do provide a link that says we can email the page to a friend. So, if you can't find it and want me to email it to you, I can do that.

Old 11-13-2000, 08:46 PM   #4
    Unregistered

The old boards are going to be permanently shut down within a month.
    All messages on the old boards will remain readable.<p>[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 11-14-2000).]

Old 11-14-2000, 10:44 AM   #5
    Minderella

Minderella HB User

I have a lot of red marks too that I am trying to fade also. Azelic Acid (Skinoren) a prescription drug in the USA.
    The product is supposed to help with acne and fade red marks. I've only used for four days so far, but I like it so far. Hope this helps.

<p>[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 11-14-2000).]

Old 11-14-2000, 08:19 PM   #6
    Nadia8

Nadia8 HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danialgoh:
    <B>Hi all

I am a newbie to this board and I hope that I can gain many tips on how to clear up my face.

I have been suffering from acne for 6 years. Yes. It is THAT long. It is hereditary as my mum got it too when she was a teenager. Anyway, my pimples have cleared up and I am SO happy. Of course there are still 2 or 3 pimples left on my face. But its alright as it is clearing up too.

Now my problem is, I have ugly scars and I need to know what can be done to fade those red scars. I really hope there is a remedy to this. I hope someone or anyone can help me. Thank you.

Next, when I had lots of pimples, I used egg yolk in the hope of clearing up my pimples. This method was recommended by somone from the old board. Guess what? My pimples worsened! I used it for 2 weeks and I realised what an ugly sight my face was. I immediately stopped it and I rubbed ice cube on my face. Again, this method was recommended by someone from the old board.

Fortunately, this method works as it really clears up my pimples. So my comment is that the egg yolk works on certain people but definitely not me.

My only worry is how to fade my red scars on my face and I am in need of help. Please help me. Thanks a lot! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi1 YOu might want to try an over the counter skin cream that contains gycolic acid in it ( always check with your doctor as some folks can be ultra sensitive). What it does over time is help the skin rejevenate ..it may take a few weeks though....while I cannot list product names ( Ithink thats forbidden right?) YOur pharmacy should have stuff...I have bought this kind of cream in the US and abroad..and it works! But at the end of the day, an dyou need to remember this, the red scars are always most obvious to you. Trust me and don't get yourself sad about it!!!

Old 11-14-2000, 08:22 PM   #7
    Nadia8

Nadia8 HB User

Hi! YOu might want to try an over the counter skin cream that contains gycolic acid in it ( always check with your doctor as some folks can be ultra sensitive). What it does over time is help the skin rejevenate and the scars and redness fade..it may take a few weeks though....while I cannot list product names ( I think thats forbidden right?) YOur pharmacy should have stuff...I have bought this kind of cream in the US and abroad..and it works! But at the end of the day, and you need to remember this, the red scars are always most obvious to you. Trust me and don't get yourself sad about it!!!

Old 11-15-2000, 01:21 PM   #8
    bhwgroup
    Inactive

bhwgroup HB User

There is a product called celltrex, it works well with scar tissue, I all ways recommend it with great success.

Regards

sj

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danialgoh:
    <B>Hi all

My only worry is how to fade my red scars on my face and I am in need of help. Please help me. Thanks a lot! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 11-21-2000, 11:54 AM   #9
    Nadyezhda

Nadyezhda HB User

Those red marks are called "Hyperpigmentation" - they aren't scars.
    They will fade on their own in time.
    If you have a bit of money just sitting around, look into microdermabrasion. You'll need several treatments, and it costs around $75-$200 per treatment depending on where you live.
    Talk to a derm about topicals such as Retin A, Differin, Azelex, etc. which can help speed up the fading time. Also you can ask about products containing hydroquinine. You can get hydroquinine products over the counter, but prescription ones are generally more effective (because they are stronger).

Good luck!

Closed Thread