It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Topical Vitamin C for acne scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User
    Topical Vitamin C for acne scars

I was told by my doctor to apply topical vitamin C to my acne scars (depressed scars) as it will help to stimulate collagen growth. I did a little research on this and found that many people use Vitamin C for wrinkles to produce collagen growth. I am willing to give this a try and see if twice a day application of Vitamin C on the scars would help diminish or get rid of the scars. I am also doing microdermabrasion whic is supposed to stimulate collagen growth also. Has anyone tried Topical Vitamin C for acne scars. I understand that if coupled with taking large doses of Oral Vitamin C there should be a significant difference in acne scars (not the red marks, but the deep scars). I presume if it helps wrinkles, it should help with scars (mild/moderate depressed scars). Anyone has an opinion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread