It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• dry skin after shower, Dove,Dial,Zest,Irovy,Oil of Olay,Or those Spanish Honey Soaps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2001, 02:39 PM   #1
    loserman

loserman HB User
    dry skin after shower, Dove,Dial,Zest,Irovy,Oil of Olay,Or those Spanish Honey Soaps?

I dont have much of a acne problem. My problem is tha dry skin i have when i take a shower. I try many soaps to see if its the soap that does that to my skin(Face). I'm a guy so i'm not even thinking about puttin on a moisturizer when i sleep. Maybe its my washing regimen?, or the type of soap i use?. Also, is there a faster way to fade red acne scars???. I heard bout the vasaline thing, but i can't wait 10 weeks. Any feedback is appreicated. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
    ruffeo
    Inactive

ruffeo HB User
    Re: dry skin after shower, Dove,Dial,Zest,Irovy,Oil of Olay,Or those Spanish Honey So

Why not use a moisterizer? If your skin is dry you might as well use it. It's not like anyone is going to notice you have a moisterizer on at night anyways? You should be using some sort of moisterizer after you shave or in the morning, it's good for your skin.

Old 04-08-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
    Kala

Kala HB User
    Re: dry skin after shower, Dove,Dial,Zest,Irovy,Oil of Olay,Or those Spanish Honey So

Dovwe or oil of olay, stay away from ivory and all those other cheap soaps

Old 04-08-2001, 05:47 PM   #4
    Dave109
    (male)

Dave109 HB User

Hi, you can use dove soap. It is most likely not the soap that is causing this. Is your face dry only after you take showers?? If it is all you have to do is this...take a shorter cooler shower. make sure that the water is not hot because the steam will open your pores and you will lose all the moisture on the surface of your skin. Also if you have a fan that takes away the steam that will be great too. just try to take a cooler shorter shower. good luck and take care

Old 04-08-2001, 06:02 PM   #5
    ruffeo
    Inactive

ruffeo HB User

Also, take into consideration that we all have different skin. I've heard that dove is very over drying and should be used for your face perhaps you should try a more gentle cleanser?

Old 04-08-2001, 07:43 PM   #6
    loserman

loserman HB User

I get tha dry skin when I take a morning shower. I cant even smile cus my face is sooo tight. When i smile or eat lunch, my face gets flaky and i start to break out. then i get the red mark left over from tha pimple and hasnt gone away in months. Maybe ill take tha cool shower(even though i enjoy very warm water). Im thynking of putting on Cruel Alpha-Hydroxy cream on my red spots, cus i cant stand seeing em when I wake up. Plus summer is here!!!. Dayam. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-08-2001, 09:56 PM   #7
    minimouse

minimouse HB User

It could be the water that is drying out your face... I know it is for me so I avoid getting the water on my face.

Old 04-08-2001, 11:21 PM   #8
    JC94

JC94 HB User

Hey ya'll just thought i'd say I have this problem too, I think it might because of hard water? im thinking of getting a shower filter

Old 04-09-2001, 06:09 AM   #9
    Dave109
    (male)

Dave109 HB User

I have had the same exact problem with the shower thing. I am not dry anymore from taking shorter cooler showers and putting the fan on to take away the steam. Do you wash your face with dove any other time of the day. If you do then it doesn't take Henry Lee to figure out that the shower is causing the dryness and not the soap you are using. Well, I better get going can't be late for class. Take care and good luck

-Dave P.S. I hate how you have to put in your password everytime you want to reply, i don't even remember my password i always have to have them e-mail it to me. oh well, i am rambling and i am gonna be late for class. see ya and take care!

Closed Thread