It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Benzamycin creme and retin-a?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2001, 10:05 AM   #1
ruffeo
Inactive

ruffeo HB User
Benzamycin creme and retin-a?

When I went to the doctors today, I was prescribed Minocycline (which will replace the crappy Erythromycin I have been taking), Benzamycin creme, and retin-a.

The doctor told me that I should apply the Benzamycin creme twice a day, once in the morning, and once at night. I asked the doctor if it would be safe to use the retin-a and Benzamycin together at night, he replied, "The Benzamycin creme will help the acne by acting as a topical antibiotic and the retin-a will help clean out your pores."

Has anyone used Benzamycin creme along with retin-a? What were your results? Should I put the Benzamycin creme before or after I put on the retin-a?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2001, 12:23 PM   #2
mtq

mtq HB User
Re: Benzamycin creme and retin-a?

Hey Ruff,

DON'T put Benzamycin and Retin-a on at the same time cause it will irritate your skin. What I have been doing is put retin-a at night and benzamycin in the morning...only apply a very THIN film. Hope that helps.

Old 03-22-2001, 01:29 PM   #3
ruffeo
Inactive

ruffeo HB User

My skin isn't at all sensetive to retin-a. I never developed reddness on my face, only peeling which occurred for only 3 days at the start of the retin-a treatment.

I'll have ot test the Benzamycin, see how my skin reacts to it. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-22-2001, 01:36 PM   #4
QuestionBoy

QuestionBoy HB User

hey buddy

my derm has me on those 2 also ... but she specifically told me not to use them both ... cause they will interact with each other and decrease the effectiveness of both ... use the benzamycin in the morning and RetinA at night

Closed Thread