It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

How long did b5 take to work for you????

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2001, 04:08 PM   #1
Toxxik

Toxxik HB User
How long did b5 take to work for you????

I'm on my 4th week of B5 and a bunch of other things, anyway, last week my face miraculously made like 40% improvement overnight! no exaggeration. although my face is still not good, nowhere near it, i think this may be the road to recovery. How long did B5 take to work for you? or if it hasnt yet what's ur progress etc....?
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2001, 04:11 PM   #2
Kala

Kala HB User
Re: How long did b5 take to work for you????

after a month you should really start to notice, and then after a couple months you really notice that acne is no longer really a problem

Old 03-18-2001, 04:23 PM   #3
bradb2001

bradb2001 HB User

It started working immediatley for me. I don't break out while on it since the day after strting it unless I get REALLY stressed out.

Old 03-18-2001, 04:53 PM   #4
Oasisman63

Oasisman63 HB User

2 hours after my first does of B5 I saw it starting to work. I saw my pores and how clear they were. My face has been great since. The only thing now is I have a couple of really faded scars. Im looking to perfect my skin now and these faded scars are a bit in the way. Ive had only 2 semi-big pimples come in since the time i stareted a month ago. 1 Im pretty sure is from shaving and the other I think was because I was eating a lot of those mega fat cookie (like mrs.field). So I try not to eat anything fattening anymore, but im still wondering about what to do with shaving. The red spot that occured was on my jaw line. it didnt hurt at all though. I use Gillette Foamy shaving creak and a shick razor..Any suggestions on what I should use?

Old 03-18-2001, 05:38 PM   #5
Toxxik

Toxxik HB User

one other important thing i left out, how much did u take/are taking?

Old 03-18-2001, 07:13 PM   #6
bradb2001

bradb2001 HB User

I kinda like electric shavers. Less irritation to the skin.

Old 03-19-2001, 03:22 PM   #7
bandit1

bandit1 HB User

I started taking B5 on Dec. 1 and just this week - for the first time in 10 years! - my face is clear! I'm taking 15g (yes, 15 grams) and it seems to be the magic number for me! I did start to see improvement within a few days of starting (less oily skin, less oily hair), but this is the first week I have no new or old zits! This stuff is great!

Old 03-19-2001, 04:14 PM   #8
tommy jojo

tommy jojo HB User

bandit1, that sounds a lot like me...i started out on 12g in November and upped it to 16g in January. i saw finer pores and smoother skin within a week. by the end of January i saw a major reduction in pimples, it was great. then i missed about 3 days in early Feb and i broke out again, but i had been getting a little worse before that. so i upped to 20g a day and now i'm stuck where i was before i started taking it...now, i decided to stop taking minocycline a month ago, so that's probably exacerbating things...oh well, i just hope it starts working again...recently switched back to Twinlab brand B5.

Old 03-19-2001, 05:50 PM   #9
bandit1

bandit1 HB User

tommyjojo,
I tossed out all the derm. stuff and all the OTC stuff before I started. I really wanted to see the effects of B5 by itself. I must say, so far, I'm completely satisfied! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay that way.
Assuming it does - do you know how long I should stay at this dose before I start to try and lower it to a maintenance dose? How do I determine what a good maintenance dose is?

Old 03-20-2001, 06:40 PM   #10
Lucy

Lucy HB User

Tommy Jojo...I did a similar thing. I ran out of B5 and so stopped taking it for about 5 days. Well, obvously I broke out because of it. I also ran out of birth control pills right after that, so my hormones got all weird, and now I'm also back to where I started. I'm really hoping the b5 will kick in super duper fast. It seemed to me that I needed to up my dose from what I was taking before to get the same results. Did you notice that too or am I just nuts?

Old 03-23-2001, 03:08 PM   #11
fyfeminstrel

fyfeminstrel HB User

Is B5 available by prescription or can you get OTC?

Old 03-23-2001, 04:27 PM   #12
bitterglitter

bitterglitter HB User

How do you find such potent pills? The most I can find is 1000mg pills....you guys are taking up to 16g of this stuff?? How do you do it? I've looked all over the web. If all I can find is the 1000mg stuff, then how many of those do I have to take for it to work? Any suggestions will be appriciated!

Kat

Old 03-23-2001, 05:20 PM   #13
bandit1

bandit1 HB User

bitterglitter,
As far I know 1000mg is the highest dosage you can get. I take the 500mg capsules. So in order to take 15g, yes I take 30 pills a day. I do spread them out, so I take no more than 6-8 pills at one time. Any more than that at one time,and I tend to get stomach cramps and gas.

fyfeminstrel,
B5 - also known as pantothenic acid - is OTC.

Old 03-24-2001, 08:33 AM   #14
archre

archre HB User

I started taking B-5 in December and saw immediate results but I also had a colonic near the same time and I couln't tell if it was helping the B-5...or doing the trick by itself.

I have been taking anywhere from 5 to 12 grams a day since then but my skin somehow started breaking out again and the B-5 didn't seem to be helping control it. So I went back and got another colonic and "poof" my skin began looking great again. My chest and back cleared up within two days of the colonic and my face is just healing the scars left from the break-out I had prior.

I don't think the colonic alone would be this effective or the B-5 alone...the combo seems to be the key for my body.

(By the way if you don't know what a colonic is try a search on it, or combo a search with colonic and acne to see how they affect your skin...its too tough to explain here)

good luck!

Old 03-24-2001, 08:44 AM   #15
Infinity

Infinity HB User

Are they expensive?

And how often do you have to have them done?

--=Infinity

Closed Thread