It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Benzamycin for Red Marks?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2001, 04:56 AM   #1
    beezurd

beezurd HB User
    Benzamycin for Red Marks?

Hi, Im new to this board and had some questions. I was just put on benzamycin by my derm after being on Accutane for a while (now im off) and though i dont really get new pimples anymore, i have TONS of red marks. Its so bad that it looks like I still have terrible acne when all it is are old red marks. The derm said its not hyperpigmentation (sp?) but something else (i forgot what he called it). I was wondering if Benzamycin will help fade the red marks?

Oh, and I asked my derm about Azelex for fading red marks and he said that its only for BROWN marks and things similar to that nature?? Ive always thought that Azelex works for red marks (NON-hyperpigmented kind)<p>[This message has been edited by beezurd (edited 06-02-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
    diane1

diane1 HB User
    Re: Benzamycin for Red Marks?

no benzamycin wont fade your redmarks. it doesn't exfoliate your skin, it kills the bacteria. retin-a or retin-a micro and differin gel are exfoliants and can help them fade faster. but otherwise just time will do it. if you cant use retin a or differin, use sunblock and be patient. they will fade though, just give it time.

Old 06-02-2001, 11:17 AM   #3
    sternrad941

sternrad941 HB User

i on the other hand think it may actually fade your marks a little bit--due to the bleaching affect of benzoil peroxide. when i used to use benzamicin everyday, i noticed that my marks went away alot quicker.

-sternrad-

Old 06-02-2001, 02:17 PM   #4
    beezurd

beezurd HB User

about how long on average did it take for you to have a noticable fade in your red marks?

It bugs me because I would I say I had maybe 10% of these red marks before I used tretinion cream back in November. After the cream, it got at LEAST 10x worse. Has anyone had this negative effect with tretinion cream as well? it was 0.025%

Old 06-03-2001, 06:18 AM   #5
    sternrad941

sternrad941 HB User

i dont know how long it took for each one to go away--but i did notice them going away faster when i did use the bp rather than didnt use it. yeah, i suspect the tretinion played more of a role in fading your marks than the bp--but the bp does help, im sure.

-sternrad-

Old 06-04-2001, 03:13 AM   #6
    beezurd

beezurd HB User

hm? i think it was the tretinion cream that made it this bad to start with... like, I honestly think that if i had just skipped that treatment and gone to accutane or soemthing else, then I wouldnt have as much redness and red marks. Its as if the cream actually brought out redness that wasnt visible before

Closed Thread