It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Question about smoking......

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
mk
(female)

mk HB User
Question about smoking......

Hey all hope b-5 is working good for all of you! I just had a question for some of you. Ok, some of the football players on my team and I enjoy a ciger once in a while...BUT I dont sollow the smoke when you puff I just keep it in my mouth and blow the smoke out after a puff. I don't drink or do any other drugs just this. I am wondering if it can cause me to break out and am wondering if it is bad for my lungs and my health.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2001, 04:12 PM   #2
mk
(female)

mk HB User
Re: Question about smoking......

Is that a yes or a no?

Old 03-14-2001, 04:56 PM   #3
Rachele

Rachele HB User

um..why even do it?
just wonderin'

Old 03-14-2001, 05:00 PM   #4
mk
(female)

mk HB User

For fun......anyone have an answer instead of a question?

Old 03-14-2001, 05:33 PM   #5
mk
(female)

mk HB User

Thanks mod3...there not cigars as in the big long ones older guys smoke but the ones that look like cigerrates.

Old 03-14-2001, 06:07 PM   #6
ruffeo
Inactive

ruffeo HB User

if your not inhaling the smoke, I don't see how you'd get acne from it, so, in my opinion...no.

Old 03-14-2001, 07:04 PM   #7
sillygirl
(female)

sillygirl HB User

I've wondered about this. I'm not a smoker myself, but my dad is. It drives me insane, I can't even breathe when I'm around him. I imagine that me inhaling all of that gross second hand smoke isn't the greatest for my skin...

Grr.

Old 03-14-2001, 07:15 PM   #8
incoherant
(male)

incoherant HB User

Smoking does not effect acne or cause spots.
And as this is an acne message board i suggest we get back on topic

Old 03-14-2001, 09:44 PM   #9
ruffeo
Inactive

ruffeo HB User

....smoking in itself doesn't cause acne, but the affects from smoking can. Cigs, deplete your body of certain vitimins and minerals, so to say that smoking doesn't cause acne is....you know.

Old 03-15-2001, 04:54 AM   #10
MarkyMark

MarkyMark HB User

Hi,
I worked for a Dermatologist here in LA for 7 years and the answer to your question is..no, smoking doesnt cause acne. Im sorry the other people who responded to your post were so rude and judgmental, I am a smoker and while Im not proud of it, Im also an ADULT and dont need lectures, we know its bad for us, enough said. But I will tell you that smoking can cause wrinkles, in case you were wondering. :-)

------------------

Old 03-15-2001, 10:05 AM   #11
ruffeo
Inactive

ruffeo HB User

*Smoking causes wrinkles, acne, yellow teeth, bad breath, heart disease, cancer*

I got this quote from the Human & Health Services of Berkley.

*In Chinese terminology the skin is controlled by the lung system and affected by the liver system, and acne is commonly a condition of heat and toxin in the lungs and damp heat in the liver and gallbladder.*

This quote was gotten from a health remedies site.

*Aside from the question of acne, healthy skin requires a healthy diet, regular exercise, adequate sleep and the avoidance of smoking and sunbathing.*

Got this one from Nutriquest

*It's a fact, smoking can cause acne in some people. Smoking it basically like sitting with your face in front of an exhaust pipe. *If your skin is sensitive* to any one of the many poisonous chemicals released when you smoke, it can easily cause acne. (This is a fact*

Got this one from a message board.

So...does smoking cause acne? Maybe... I think this type of question is similar to that of "Does eating certain foods cause acne?" I don't know. No one does, it's not even proven, but some people swear by it.

--I swear that smoking causes acne, that's my opinion. As I said before, if smoking crappy smoke doesn't give you acne, then the effect that smoking cigs, which depletes nutrients from your system, will have some sort of relation to acne coming about.

I smoke cigs, I have been for 2 years, i've never quit, though I want to, and when I do I'll see if it has any correlations to my acne.

[This message has been edited by ruffeo (edited 03-15-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by ruffeo (edited 03-15-2001).]

Closed Thread