It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Accutane, is this normal?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2002, 08:58 PM   #1
Matty
(male)

Matty HB User
Accutane, is this normal?

I've been on Accutane now a week and one day. I am to take 1 40mg pill one day, followed by two 40mg pills the next, and so on in a repetitive cycle.

My acne is mild, although I get the occasional cyst making it more extreme.

In the past 3 days, my lips have become chapped to hell although I think I've done a number to fix this. I know this is normal. Next, I was out in the sun today a while and I noticed that burning does occur very easily, so feeling quite uncomfortable I went inside after about 10 minutes. I know this is normal.

But seriously, my acne looks terrible. I know people warn of an initial outbreak, but how long does this last? I *still* have this cyst on my forehead which I don't think will ever go away because thus far, it hasn't dried or even showed signs of pushing to the surface. And my skin just feels bad on my forehead, feels like it is overly hot or something.

Should I be down here? I've been feeling a little down this evening, but I haven't had a smoke in a few hours.... so it could be related.

Either way, I wish I knew if this were helping me or not.<p>[This message has been edited by Matty (edited 03-16-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2002, 09:37 PM   #2
Lindsay

Lindsay HB User
Re: Accutane, is this normal?

It is very normal to have an initial outbreak on accutane. You just have to try to be patient and stick with it. Everyone is different in how long it takes them to see results. Good luck

Old 03-16-2002, 09:39 PM   #3
kl899

kl899 HB User
Re: Accutane, is this normal?

Accutane WILL clean up your face. That I guarantee you. Some people report an intial outbreak but in the long run you will start noticing big results. Give it a few months. Note: It would be my guess that smoking isn't good for acne since the smoke will clog pores. Despite that though, Accutane will still clean up your face.

Closed Thread