It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Cool Touch laser?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2002, 03:14 AM   #1
Catch22TwentyTwo

Catch22TwentyTwo HB User
Cool Touch laser?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had this done. I've been looking at it online for removing acne scars, and it looks quite promising. Just wondering if anyone has any positive/negative feedback on the laser, whether it be hearsay, or actual experience. Also, does anyone know the cost of the treatment? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2002, 03:50 PM   #2
ryan

ryan HB User
Re: Cool Touch laser?

i had it done four times, and honestly i saw minimal improvement. there is some measureable improvement, especially because i did glycolic peels and microderm along with it, but not that much. it works better on more shallow scarring, needless the say, which is what i have. i got both sides of my face done for $300. full-face would cost about $500. never pay full-face prices for partial treatment. cooltouch also stings. don't believe the hype. i know what they advertise. not even with numbing cream did it help much. it only helped when i got ultrasound with the cream just before i got the cooltouch. didn't feel a thing then. i got the first cooltouch laser. there's a cooltouch2, so if you're going to go for it, look for that one. i heard it's better.

Old 03-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #3
Catch22TwentyTwo

Catch22TwentyTwo HB User

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. So how long did it take you to see any kind of improvement? Im thinking about getting it done for some small shallow scarring. How far apart were the treatments? Do you need to avoid the sunlight? Thanks.

Old 03-20-2002, 06:36 PM   #4
ryan

ryan HB User

i can't really judge the amount of improvement i got from the cooltouch, so it's hard to tell. if i'd just had it done alone, it'd be relatively easy. but like i said, i didn't, which i recommend all the same. it felt lke it took out some of the redness after the irst treatment, but i'm not sure about that. i'd say for actul results from treatment, you'll have to wait about 4 months, and from there you should see continued minimal improvements depending on how many treatments you have, but you could expect it to be working maybe a couple months or so past your last treatment. i'd recommend at least four tretments if you have the time and money. one is definitely a waste, as is two.

i had treatments spaced anywhere from 5-6 weeks apart, but some docs like to do it differently. i read if you have your second treatment 2 weeks after your first and then resume 'normal' treatments afterwards (4-6 weeks in between), it works better. they said that for the nlite laser too after they'd done some studies. i don't think there are any restrictions about the sun, at all. i know that if you want to have adjunct treatments like peels and microderm, you have to wait about 2 weeks after the cooltouch, and in turn you can't have cooltouch again until about 10 days after, or maybe vice versa, i've forgotten. i don't understand fully why either, it was just protocol, so i went with it.

Closed Thread