It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• nearly acne free-----saw palmetto

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
    hongkongers

hongkongers HB User
    nearly acne free-----saw palmetto

Why no one believe me ? It really works on me(before I have tried lots of things but in vain)!!! My facial oil reduce at least 70% !!!I only got some whiteheads now.I have a really smooth face,Moreover,I eat really really lots of fried food,sweets,chocolates, ice-creams ,diary products but no breakout at all(even one acne!),I just don't know why?I think u should at least have a try, I will not say too much anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2002, 05:30 AM   #2
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
    Re: nearly acne free-----saw palmetto

yeah im happy 4 you what is palmetto ive never heard of it...what was your skin like b4 you did palmetto? how has it helped you? im on b5 at tha moment so i cant keep trying out 2 many things im guna stick with b5 anyways

Old 04-10-2002, 08:05 AM   #3
    kl899

kl899 HB User

saw palmetto is an herb (berry extract) that work by regulating (i believe...) the conversion of adrogen into DHT. DHT I think is the chemical responsible for triggering overproduction of oil in the skin, not to mention hairloss.... very interesting substance. i would like to give it a try sometime, but i'm not sure if i should take it right now since i just started b5 a few weeks ago.

Old 04-10-2002, 08:26 AM   #4
    Killjoy

Killjoy HB User

We do believe you!!! I'm actually contemplating taking it - I took it about 2 years ago and I think it did help though at the time I was also on minocin so who knows. Can you tell me what dosage you take per day and the type of saw palmetto - I know some of them are the ones with berry extracts and some aren't. Which one is better to take?

Old 04-10-2002, 11:53 AM   #5
    Regina1979

Regina1979 HB User

I thought saw palmetto is only for men? Can this be taken by women as well? how much dosage should e taken daily?

Old 04-10-2002, 12:13 PM   #6
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User

oh is saw palmetto 4 MEN? oh dear looks like i cant take it...its ashame cause it sounded interesting too

Old 04-10-2002, 12:35 PM   #7
    tiger453

tiger453 HB User

It can be used for women. I think the effects are different though. Saw palmetto is mostly used for women to grow bigger boobs.

Old 04-10-2002, 12:51 PM   #8
    Someperson

Someperson HB User

where do i get it? does anyone know?

Old 04-10-2002, 03:41 PM   #9
    wendiblu
    (female)

wendiblu HB User

ur kidding about the bigger boobs right. are there any other side effects? and how much do u take? also where did u hear about this?

Old 04-11-2002, 12:36 PM   #10
    Regina1979

Regina1979 HB User

but do i need to continue taking it after my skin clears up?? one thing i really scared is that they will break out again once i stop taking it ... hmm

Old 04-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #11
    hongkongers

hongkongers HB User

Actually ,I can't 'think' what would happen if I stop using it at once,maybe breakout?(I would rather not try!)But I have only had it nearly 2 weeks(usually for prostate problem or others in general , a period of treatment time shoud be given,say......3 months) It's worth to have it a try,but don't put the blame on me if not work.
    Anyway, It's wise of a male to have a saw palmetto capsule every day to maintain prostate gland healthy(not to mention to treat acne or in many aspects)
    The Sentinel's Sawstate Capsules is rather expensive ,US$32.00 for 60 capsules.Soy bean oil is bad for acne?? I haven't heard of it,but no bad effects on me,anyway.You konw how I feel?? I am very happy and want to cry because of 99% acne free that I have been waiting/fighting for decades.Finally , I won the battle! Though it no big deal for non-acne-sufferer!!!So please give urself a chance.

Old 04-11-2002, 09:21 PM   #12
    hongkongers

hongkongers HB User

Actually ,I can't 'think' what would happen if I stop using it at once,maybe breakout?(I would rather not try!)But I have only had it nearly 2 weeks(usually for prostate problem or others in general , a period of treatment time shoud be given,say......3 months) It's worth to have it a try,but don't put the blame on me if not work.
    Anyway, It's wise of a male to have a saw palmetto capsule every day to maintain prostate gland healthy(not to mention to treat acne or in many aspects)
    The Sentinel's Sawstate Capsules is rather expensive ,US$32.00 for 60 capsules.Soy bean oil is bad for acne?? I haven't heard of it,but no bad effects on me,anyway.You konw how I feel?? I am very happy and want to cry because of 99% acne free that I have been waiting/fighting for decades.Finally , I won the battle! Though it no big deal for non-acne-sufferer!!!So please give urself a chance.

Old 04-11-2002, 11:08 PM   #13
    kl899

kl899 HB User

thanks a lot for the info hongkongers!

in the clinical studies of saw palmetto for prostate health, the basic guidline for potency was that in order to be effective the pills needed to contain around the order of 85% fatty acids. i looked up the brands of saw palmetto that hongkongers recommended. yourlife has 80% fatty acids and is about $10 for 90 capsules. i couldn't find anything on the sentinel brand. i'll probably just go for the gnc forms that i mentioned above.

Old 04-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #14
    kl899

kl899 HB User

hongkongers, can you drink alcohol while on saw palmetto and not break out?

Old 04-12-2002, 03:21 PM   #15
    Regina1979

Regina1979 HB User

thx kl899 and hongkongers for the information .. i might be trying it maybe next week .. anyway, kl899, have you tried it yet?

Closed Thread