It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Hard Boiled Eggs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
    TryingSomething Different
    Inactive

TryingSomething Different HB User
    Hard Boiled Eggs

Does anybody know if Hard Boiled Eggs are a mucous food. Certain foods can be mucous foods but it depends how you prepare them. Like french fries obviously arnt good for your acne cuz all the oil and all that. But for instance a BAKED POTATO is not mucous causing... So would a Hard Boiled Egg Be Ok????? Please somebody, anybody just answer this if you know quick!!!! THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #2
    Inactive

Re: Hard Boiled Eggs

Does anybody know if Hard Boiled Eggs are a mucous food. Example French Fries are not good in this case but a Baked Potato is OK? So would a Hard Boiled Egg Be Ok????? Please somebody, anybody just answer this if you know quick!!!! THANKS!

Old 09-01-2002, 04:26 PM   #3
    Inactive

AND, If it is OK can you put "Salt&Pepper" on it? Or would that, for some reason, not be good for your acne...?

Old 09-01-2002, 04:40 PM   #4
    cietbrick
    (male)

cietbrick HB User

no i don't think its mucuous since its boiled afterall

Old 09-01-2002, 08:00 PM   #5
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

If it's mucous forming cooked or uncooked it will still cause it. Anyway, I posted this under the Mucous topic, but Feel free to decipher this how you please...

I've been trying to figure out how to answer this post, but it's a bit hard since there's some misconceptions about this. Now we all NEED a certain amount of mucous in our system to protect us from bacterial infections and to form the mucousal lining in our digestive system. Taking Probiotics helps with this.
    While Systemic Yeast can cause acne, as far as I know, Mucous doesn't. Where did this theory come from? I can't find anything on the internet about this and I tried various searches. Although, I do agree that if we have too much, it's rather annoying and definately dairy is a contributor. However I don't always get mucous in my throat so there must be a certain type or amount of dairy that does it for me.

While there may indeed be foods that form mucous, Starchy foods (sugar) aren't one of them (grains, legumes, peas, lentils, corn, potato, sweet potato, yam, plantain, & squash). Starch and Refined Salt actually cut down your amount of mucous and could eventually weaken your immune system. Also, some of these starches cause intolerances so you might be better off avoiding them anyway.

Then again, like I stated above there seems to be some misconceptions, and with that, here's a list of mucous forming foods (composed from 4 diff. sites):

dairy foods
    soy foods
    chocolates
    nuts
    shellfish
    white sugar
    refined carbs (white flour bread, white rice, cakes etc)
    fried foods
    honey, maple syrup-in moderation
    whole grains--in moderation
    polyunsaturated oils (omega 3s etc)--in moderation

LOL and to contradict the above list, here's "Non-Mucous Forming" Foods:
    Cultured foods (yogurt, kefir, etc...probiotics)
    Fruits (citrus, berries, etc)
    Vegetables (cabbage, onions, garlic, spinich, etc)
    Whole grains
    Seafoods
    Legumes/Pulses
    Nuts
    Herbal teas

See the problem? It seems like a lot of heresay or maybe all foods cause mucous. Some of these foods are starches so perhaps certain ones do form mucous. In that case I would not only cut out dairy (that would include bread, pudding, chocolate, etc) but also refined flours and sugar.

Frankly none of those lists make much sense to me, unless they are refering to foods that people are allergic to. Remember that you would have to be ALLERGIC to these in order for it to cause problems, such as having Hay Fever, Asthma, etc. In that case you would have to avoid 1 or more of the following:

Soy
    Dairy
    Fish
    Shellfish
    Peanuts
    Nuts
    Eggs
    Wheat

See, Mucous is like your body's defense mechanism and if you have too much, it definately means that you have some sort of problem. So if you eat foods that you are Allergic or Intolerant to, your defenses will overreact and can cause a build up of mucous and if it's too much it can clog your lymphatic system. So if your lymph system can't drain your body will build up on toxins. That's the only possible way I can think of mucous contributing to acne, but it's not the cause. The allergy is.

Closed Thread