It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Argument for Not Washing Face/Using Topical Treatments

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
kl899

kl899 HB User
Argument for Not Washing Face/Using Topical Treatments

A lot of people think that washing their face multiple times a day will help but that's not necessarily true. Overwashing will cause an over productions of sebum in your pores as your face tries to PH balance itself. Instead, I argue that you should only wash your face once a day and that is when you take a shower. You should take a shower at night. Why? Because when do you have most of the dirt on your face? When you come home from work. So what you do is take a shower sometime after you get home, maybe after supper. Then you go to bed and make sure you wash your sheets/pill on a regular (perhaps weekly) basis. When you wake up in the morning your face has already achieved PH balance and any excess oily has been left on your pillow. Now you go the rest of the day without washing and your face will not get as oily as it used to be. The more oil that flows through your pores, the more your face will flare up. Makes sense, no? This principle, combine with a health diet (meaning don't eat fast foods and make sure you get your vitamins) will improve your face. Then, combined with B5 you can cure yourself. Also don't forget to not touch your face. If you need to, do it with the back of your hand. Your fingernail contains the most amount of bacteria on your hand and that is where most people scratch themselves... don't do that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread