It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• acne gone in 3 days

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2002, 11:32 AM   #196
    Someperson

Someperson HB User
    Re: acne gone in 3 days

dont eat the spagettie, maybe have a bagel once a week if you cant handle it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2002, 07:23 PM   #197
    EZE

EZE HB User

Its worked pretty good for me I eat to much as it is I have a high matabalism yhough so I think my body has a tough time removing all of the toxins I noticed I dont wake up with you know phlem and all that great stuff and it has changed the way my skin feels and my cystic acne has cleared up too

Old 06-02-2002, 12:31 AM   #198
    emanon

emanon HB User

Not to sound negative but I am just inquiring...how does mucus cause acne? Is it secreted from the skin? How is it related to hormones (if it is at all).

what is it in the lemons that stops mucus.

this sounds a lot like all the new age health remedies that talk about how we live in a toxic world and all these diseases are caused by toxic plaque building up in our bodies.

Old 06-05-2002, 08:47 PM   #199
    carlospice

carlospice HB User

it pretty much is. apparently the mucous builds up in the system, often inside of the colon (i think?) and traps the sort of foods and toxins that create acne by erupting through the skin. by drinking the lemon water, which has been proven to break up mucous, you can get rid of the stuff that traps the toxins and cause disease. thats sort of a basic run through, get the idea? i think it's sort of related to colon health, but for teenagers that shouldnt be too much of a problem(?) so cutting down on the 'bad' foods and staying well hydrated with lemonwater should work. look for the 'master cleanser' on the internet as well? I believe it's a concotion of warm water, cayenne pepper, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and maple syrup that is meant to travel throughout the system and detox our insides. The juice breaks up the mucous, the syrup slows the mixture so i can work more effectively, and the cayenne pepper speeds up the travelling through the bloodstream. people fast on it i guess. dont think i can list the site which talks about it, but i found it easy enough.

Old 08-08-2002, 02:15 AM   #200
    poshgyrl

poshgyrl HB User

i know its been quite a while since anyone posted any responses to this article...i do believe in lemon juice but the question is it ok to drink it everyday...and those pple who were devoted to this regime...how are your skin now???

Old 08-08-2002, 10:12 AM   #201
    daylight568
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daylight568 HB User

I fast all the time like this and it really does work as long as you can keep your refrigerator loaded with all the right kinds of foods.What happens is I run out of something and am not able to get it and start getting cravings that ultimately FORCE me to eat something I shouldn't be eating simply because what I should have ate wasn't there.The only thing I dislike about fasting is that I have to breathe more often cause since I'm eating less I'm getting less oxygen.It also effects my sex life somewhat too.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:18 AM   #202
    *TeEnY*

*TeEnY* HB User

i would say that i have moderate acne.....so it would be ok if i tried fasting right? oh and i dont have any lemons right now so i cant drink any today but i do have carrot juice so im gonna drink that instead along with water! so ill tell you all what happens.....wish me luck!

Old 08-09-2002, 01:55 PM   #203
    IM2Cute2BBarbi
    Inactive

IM2Cute2BBarbi HB User

My family sucks! My dad called and asked if I wanted any krispy kreme doughnuts, I said no, because today is my first day of fasting, what does he do...bring home 12! I couldve resisted at the site of like 4, but 12!?!? So I ate one, I'm so mad though, I had the perfect schedule, every night this weekend I'm gonna be out, so my parents wouldnt have to know I was fasting, because I dont think they would approve. O well, I'll eat no more today, and still call it my first day of fasting, I'll just drink an extra amount of lemon water to make up for it!

Old 08-10-2002, 09:51 AM   #204
    ~Erin~

~Erin~ HB User

It is so hard not to eat! I'm STARVING!! lol

Old 08-29-2002, 04:08 AM   #205
    r_c_dragon

r_c_dragon HB User

Are potatoes ok (French Fries)?

If lemons really work, will dabbing some lemon juice on my huge cysts get rid of them?

Old 08-29-2002, 06:04 AM   #206
    Queen Toof
    (male)

Queen Toof HB User

This is really funny. Do you realize that I have been seeing all these posts about putting lemons on your face? So I figured if lemons were good on your face they were even better in your system. For the past 2 days I have been drinking lemon water. Before any of this even came up. Mind you I have been eating what ever I want. I have mild acne and hypoglycemia so I can't let the blood/sugar levels drop in my system.

By the way, I have not been using drops. I have been slicing lemons and cutting them in fours and putting them right into my water.

------------------
    Dana {=c)<p>[This message has been edited by Queen Toof (edited 08-29-2002).]

Old 08-29-2002, 04:31 PM   #207
    Redmark1

Redmark1 HB User

Hi, I've got this like lemon juice, its called Jif? don't know if this is the correct stuff to use to make lemon water, but its in a little container in the shape of a lemon and it says the container that its natural strength lemon juice. Is this the correct stuff to put into water? oh and another thing how much should i put into water too? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-29-2002, 06:34 PM   #208
    cietbrick
    (male)

cietbrick HB User

seems interesting but the im a bit confused on the regimen. so i eat nothing on but drink lemon water on day 1,eat lots of fruits and drink lemon water on day2,and on day 3 i repeat day 1. but what about day 4,5,6,and 7? do i eat mucousless foods on those days?

Old 08-31-2002, 11:14 AM   #209
    TryingSomething Different
    Inactive

TryingSomething Different HB User

I want to start this because school starts on tuesdaay and i really want a clear face. But i just ate a bowl of some damn rice crispies LOL for breakfast other than that i havent ate anything.... Can i start the fast today??? will it still have the same effect since i just i ate breakfast. JUst the cereal.????? what if i start out the ast with no lunch or dinner etc...........

Old 08-31-2002, 11:54 AM   #210
    IM2Cute2BBarbi
    Inactive

IM2Cute2BBarbi HB User

I Just realized I never responded with my results! Ok, well when I did this it was a little while ago. I drank a bunch of lemon water on the first day and didn't eat anything, and around 5 that night I went and sat on the couch and thought to myself, "wow, I am doing really good, I'm not even hungry!". Then about 5 minutes later I got this feeling in my stomach and I was like omg, I'm gonna throw up, so I went over to the sink quickly and threw up a bunch of lemon juice, I think this was my bodys way of telling me, 'eat some food!' I still drink lemon water, but I just drink it with my regular diet, in which I avoid mucous causing foods as much as possible, but not so much that I feel deprived of them and unhappy! I think it deffinately has helped my skin.

Closed Thread