It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• What's going on with this pimple??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2002, 04:59 PM   #1
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User
    What's going on with this pimple??

Ok..... a couple of days ago... I woke up to a forming pimple to the left of my cheek near the nose.So I ran down stairs and I kept putting ice on it each day for a min.One in the morning and one before I go to bed.It seemed like it didn't help so the pimple started getting bigger.I left it alone but it was hurting so hard and feeling so big I wanted to pop it.But I didn't... three days later which is today.... it's dark around the pimple like a scar is about to form and the pimple isn't red anymore.... it's like a dark purple color... when I touch it it doesn't hurt anymore and I feel just a little lump.What's happening & is everything going for the best.I'm starting the method of not popping each pimple I get so my old scars can heal and no new ones to aggravate my complexion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
    GummiGurl

GummiGurl HB User
    Re: What's going on with this pimple??

Purple? That's kind of strange, I think at this point if you were to pop it, it would scar. I'm not sure what you should do but I would advise that you don't pop it.

Old 04-10-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
    Unregistered

I think it might be purple from putting ice on it. I would be careful not to touch it... you might want to avoid putting any medication on it as well; it may aggravate it more. HTH

Old 04-10-2002, 08:14 PM   #4
    toskinnapat

toskinnapat HB User

If I'm not mistaking, and I'm quite intimate with this phenomenon, the purple you see is likely blood that has collected at the site. It's not a bad thing, but it looks miserable. It's basically where all the infection has puddled at the base of the pimple--though this sounds more like a nodular cyst. May I ask, thought it doesn't hurt anymore, when you push your finger at the site, does it feel mushy--like there's "nothing" underneath? Pat

Old 04-10-2002, 08:44 PM   #5
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User

Yes.... when I mush it it feels like nothing underneath...is that bad??

Old 04-10-2002, 09:59 PM   #6
    SugarBaby123

SugarBaby123 HB User

Dont touch it...i promise if ya dont it will be healed in just a couple more days

Old 04-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #7
    toskinnapat

toskinnapat HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Daniel*:
    <B>Yes.... when I mush it it feels like nothing underneath...is that bad??</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not bad. It means that there's been damage deep in the layers of the skin. The cyst ruptured and the contents spilled out to the surrounding area. The good bacteria moved in to try and eat the cyst's contents and in the process, has left a mess of old blood and dead cells. In a most disgusting way, the crap in the cyst ate good tissue and now you've got an area where there's no collagen.

In time, the skin will repair itself, but you're stuck with a mushy, purple mark, that is somewhat slow to heal. While you didn't do anything wrong--you didn't even squeeze!--unfortunately, cysts have a mind of their own. When the infection gets too big for the sac, it just busts out. You can't control this except for POSSIBLY having a dermatologist willing to inject the cyst with cortisone the minute you detect the hard, swelling under the skin. At least the cortisone reduces the inflammation and the potential for the cyst to rupture.

Are you using any topicals for your skin, right now?

Old 04-12-2002, 03:36 PM   #8
    *Daniel*

*Daniel* HB User

No not using any topicals right now.I am using Cocoa Butter & Vitamin E for my scars and I am using some special Vegetable soap for acne.This really sucks because it look really ugly and noticable right there.

Old 04-12-2002, 05:19 PM   #9
    toskinnapat

toskinnapat HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Daniel*:
    <B>No not using any topicals right now.I am using Cocoa Butter & Vitamin E for my scars and I am using some special Vegetable soap for acne.This really sucks because it look really ugly and noticable right there.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't know about vegetable soup having any special powers with acne. If yours does, then maybe you've discovered a very herbal remedy that has to beat all the millions of dollars poured into acne pharmaceuticals by us patients. Best to you. Pat

Closed Thread