It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Is anyone else here "old" with acne?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2002, 04:34 PM   #31
    golinda

golinda HB User
    Re: Is anyone else here "old" with acne?

Hi, I am a 35yr old female and I have had acne ever since I was 12. I have tried every topical treatment known to man...I also have tried Accutane which did help somewhat but I have always had 2 or 3 pimples at any given time...I have had dermabrasion and it didn't help, it's also very barbaric! sanding your face off! It was very painful...I have had laser resurfacing as well....My next step will be the injectibles...anyone had any experience with them? particularly "Artecoll injections?"...It is very depressing..."Sigh" good luck to everyone...you're not alone!!<p>[This message has been edited by golinda (edited 08-09-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2002, 06:35 PM   #32
    MarifromPR
    Inactive

MarifromPR HB User

Okay I unite to the club too. Im 29 and still dealing with this teenage problem. Mild persistent acne here since 13. Have tried countless topicals but my skin is so sensitive they all dont work. Most reliable therapy for me have been Zinc therapy.

Mari

Old 08-09-2002, 09:51 PM   #33
    fedup123

fedup123 HB User

Hey there...why cant we all live in like the same city..i am going to be 28 in a few months and just started dealing with the acne issue 1.5 years ago...i have tried every otc, proactive..murad, minocycline and nothing got rid of it....so now i am on accutane and cant wait for it to clear me..i am down to like 7 big ones on each side now...from clear to cystic..i told everyone at work i had the chicken pox when it was at it worst in the initial accutane breakout..silly i know..but i work with like 1300 people in my organization and deal with public as my job..i cant hide away....it was brutal...i am praying for the day i wake up and look somewhat normal again..is it possible???

Old 08-11-2002, 02:20 PM   #34
    WillowJ

WillowJ HB User

I am 29 and have had acne since I was 13. I started getting boils and cysts about three years ago, which to my absolute horror started creeping down my neck, back and chest . My acne seems to be very active when I am under stress in my life. My first boil was on the front of my neck in December 1998 right before my Jan. 1 wedding. I had to buy a wedding dress with a high lace neck specifically to hide the boil.

Right now I am hiding out in my apartment from the rest of the world because I have so many cysts. Twice in the past month when I have gone out, a beatiful woman with clear skin has commented on how young I look. When I said that I'm almost 30 they both said, "oh your complexion looks so good," as if I'm blind and don't know I have terrible skin. The worse part is that I feel pretty good about my looks otherwise, and when my skin is clear I can succeed in business, relationships, etc.

I am a professional who is looking for a job right now, and going on job interviews completely lacking self-confidence and not getting the job has been really difficult. This, of course, leads to more stress (financial and emotional), which leads to more cysts and boils, making the whole sitartion even worse. It's like a never-ending cycle.

Acne is a huge problem in my life. It can be a very debilitating disease. My BF is so kind and says he doesn't care about my acne, only how it makes me feel so horrible about myself. I'm really grateful for this forum where I can hear other peoples' stories and get treatment ideas. And it's nice to know I'm not going through this alone.

Throughout the years, I have tried numerous treatments just like everyone, including Retin A, Ortho TriCyclen, Tetracycline, Differen, etc., etc., etc. I am going to try B5 and some of the other treatments for oily skin discussed on this forum before resorting to Accutane.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:22 AM   #35
    Bacne

Bacne HB User

Seems like most of the "older" people here with acne are women. Is this usually the case? I'm a 24yr old male with acne on my back only. I get the occasional pimple on my face too, but the frequency has decreased on that the older I get, but my back is still the same except the help I get from the meds I'm on. I wish you all luck and its unfair that you have to deal with this for so long.

Closed Thread