It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Skin Culture Peel 4000

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2002, 04:40 PM   #16
    Jani

Jani HB User
    Re: Skin Culture Peel 4000

Zittycow,

You would say that the peel is worth the money.

It isn't like throwing money out the window?

Thanks,

Jani

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2002, 04:45 PM   #17
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

It was scary and i was real scared then, cos it was the first time. I wouldnt be scared to do it now. I wish i could, i just dont have the time or the privacy (i dont live alone).

If youre gettting a mole removed my advice would be to wait a month and then do the peel.

It is scary i wont lie to you, its a very deep peel but it left me no damage at all, quite the contrary, it was marvellous.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:52 PM   #18
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

it certainly wanst a waste of money for me. the best investment i ever made for my skin.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:56 PM   #19
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

This sounds great!! You have been such a great help to me!!

I found another web site that sells the same peel. It only cost $200.00.

I'm sure I will have another question. I hope you don't mind me asking so many.

Thanks,

Jani

Old 09-10-2002, 05:37 PM   #20
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

Feel free to ask as many questions you need to.

The reason i did the peel was because i was extremely depressed. I was gonna be a briedsmaid at my cousins wedding and i just could not face my face, lol. I was so down at that time that i decided to risk it all. I made a decision in my mind, i would do the peel and if it didnt work or if it left me looking worse i would kill myself... it sounds sad and sick now but thats how i felt at the time.

It turned out to be a life saver for me.

Anyway, im off to bed now so think up more questions for me lol, and ill answer tomorrow.

nite nite all

Old 09-10-2002, 05:54 PM   #21
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

Wow I hope you wasn't really going to kill yourself!! You must have been really depressed!!

I am depressed too. I have gained 28 pounds this past year and can do nothing about it. I am soooo self concience.

My face didn't used to bother me that much because my body was in better shape. Now that I'm overweight and with my face looking so bad it is very depressing!!

In order for me to feel better I think that if I do someything about my face (make it look better) I will have more confidence and not be so depressed!

I hope this peel is safe and won't leave me with horrible side effects, scarring, wrinkles, etc... I can't afford reconstructive surgery.

Thanks,

Jani

Old 09-10-2002, 07:09 PM   #22
    depressed angel

depressed angel HB User

I tried it, the 3000 peel. Although I converted it into a 4000 peel. I used all of one the 1st day, all of the other the 2nd, took half of the last 1 and put it on the main spots of my face, and used the rest on the 4th day. Now you could do this too, it saves big money and there's plenty of it. It worked awesome for me. My red marks were gone, my skin was evened out and one deep scar I had on my cheek for years was ALMOST gone..barely there. I say go for it. Buy the 3000 peel and do what I did, convert it into a 4000 peel, if you wanna save some $$$$

Old 09-10-2002, 07:42 PM   #23
    s1241

s1241 HB User

Anyone else do this?
    Please respond if anyone had bad results, as I am now very interested, and getting ready to try this myself.
    But it does sound scary.

Old 09-10-2002, 08:35 PM   #24
    pac10
    (male)

pac10 HB User

hey zittycow, i have always wanted to use that peel, but how is it possible to find a week and not go out.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:25 AM   #25
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

Thatis the big problem. you simply cannot continue ordinary life when youre doing this peel. Luckily i wasnt working at the time though i was living at home. At the time my parents were away but i had an aunt staying with me who was very old and bit crazy,lol. she wasnt blind though!!! Luckily i lived in a vry big house and i like the whole upstairs floor to myself, (own bathroom and kitchen) so it wasnt too difficult avoiding her. I told her i was studying hard for exams and not to bother me, hahaha. Sometimes shed knock at the door and we'd have yelling matches "you need anything sweetie?" "No thanks Aunty, im fine". Looking back it was hilarious.

What i did was i stocked up on food and just didnt go out. I watched a lot of tv, read a lot of books and kept my fingers crossed and hoped for the best.

Acutally now with all this talk about it im thinking of doing it again. I mean even if your skin is perfect or nearly perfect it still does wonders for you. I also had a boyfriend at the time whom i told i was away with my parents for that week and i told friends that too.

Main thing is that you stock up on food so that you dont starve to death. maybe some of you are living with a boyfriend/girlfriend or parents andmaybe you could explain to them what youre going to do. The problem with that is that because its such a deep peel they're gonna get scared and try to talk you out of it. I told no one and no one ever found out i did it. They just saw the results. Everyone said i looked great, wonderful, gorgeous.... no one thought i'd had any mayor surgery or anything, i guess they just thought id got lucky and my zits had disappeared like magic, lol.

Old 09-11-2002, 05:19 AM   #26
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User

Hello, this peel sounds great, and I am definitely thinking about giving it a shot. I was going to try an obagi blue peel, but this sounds more effective and a little cheaper. I do have quite a few red marks and uneven skin tone, and a few deeper scars, but my biggest problem is very very shallow scarring all over my cheeks, scars that are so shallow you cant even see them unless I am out in the sun, but man, when im outside during the day, my skin looks bad. I know you said the peel doesn't help with pitted scarring, but does it help to even out very shallow scars like that? Even if it doesn't, I am probably going to try it anyway since I have a lot of red marks. Thanks for the great posts everyone!

Old 09-11-2002, 06:26 AM   #27
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

This peel will definately improve your skin. The main ingredient in it is Phenol, which is what causes the peeling. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same thing a derm would do only he would charge you a fortune and at the end of the day or still on your own. I mean he applyes it but then you still go home and go through the process on your own. Probably a derm or lastic surgeon would apply a much stronger sloution to your face as he would be doing it in just one session. With the skin cultrue peel is progressive over 4 nights (for the deepest peel), but it's basically the same thing.

I dont know about the obagi blue peel. Id never even heard of that till i read about it here.

Any peel consists of burning your skin to remove the top layers. I am of the opinion that the deeper the peel the better cos youre attacking everything all at once and fast. Other types of peel like Glycolic Acid which ive read about though never had, consist of a more superficial burn which is why people need lots of sessions. It's my opinion that if you do those kind of peels though they will help with red marks and smoothing the skin, it will also cause breakouts as the exfoliation is less aggressive and gives your skin time to "react".

Think of when youre using any kind of exfoliator? It's good for marks but also causes breakouts.

anyway, just my opinion

Old 09-11-2002, 07:00 AM   #28
    livenlearn

livenlearn HB User

prior to the obagi peel, you're put on obagi products for 6 weeks, to exfoliate your skin, so that the peel does it's best job..... after the peel, if you stop using the obagi products... (which are expensive)... you're skin does become dull again..... in my opinion, it did an ok job.... but, there's less dramatic things out there than can probably acheive the same as what my skin looked like then.... now, i didn't have any red marks... it was just uneven tone, and a couple pitted scars..... i've been using a 10% solution of glycolic acid and it seems to be doing sort of the same thing..... i think if you find a product that you can use consistently, everyday... that will exfoliate everyday.... you'll get results you like..... starting with a peel.. might be a good idea.... just to get everything off the skin... but, the reason they put you on products for 6 weeks, is to get all that "junk" top layer off of your skin so the peel goes deeper,...and doesn't just take off the top layer.... and then continued use of the products ... i was just sick of the peeling from the retin a .. and my skin feeling raw all the time... so, i stopped using the products.....

just my thoughts...

God Bless you all on this somber day ! My thoughts and prayers are with all the victim's and victims' families....
    UNITED WE STAND !

Old 09-11-2002, 08:52 AM   #29
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

Hey it's me again. I have just read the postings and it sounds like I won't be alone in this. That is exciting!!!
    I also asked about the peel in another website and I had a couple of other people respond and said they were very pleased also. They said that they have had peels professional done and they were about the same for a bigger price tag. So far I think that this is the deepest peel you can find on the internet, and it has been around since 1937.
    Like I said I found it for about $50.00 cheaper at another site, same thing. It just doesn't have the Skin Culture name on it. This site also sales gylcolic acid peels that are 40%. That is the highest gyloclic percent I've ran accross on the Web.
    Anyway I ordered the gylocolic acid treatment (it makes about 8 - 10 peels per bottle) yesterday to start doing a month after I do the peel to help keep my skin looking good.
    I have decided to order the Big Peel today! I have also decided to cancel my derm. appt. for this Friday and wait until after the peel to have my mole removed. I want to look better now!! Maybe a month after I have my mole removed I will do another peel. The money that I'm saving doing it myself I should be able to do two peels. Plus I get 3 weeks vacation a year and I have only used one week.
    I do not live alone either! I guess in the evening I will go to bed around 6:00pm to try to avoid as many looks as I can, LOL.
    I sure hope I like it!! This Christmas I have guests from out of town coming that I haven't seen in years and I want to feel good about myself. You know when you have guest staying with you, you have to be seen sometimes with no make up on, LOL.

Also I wanted to point out to you that for the Skin Culture Peel, it said that if you are a returning customer you can get it for 15% off. So I'm thinking it will average out the same for me in price since I am planning on probably doing two peels.

If anybody buys this peel and does it before I do keep us informed.

Anyway you are so helpful and so is everyone else that has been responding, I really like this website the best...

Thanks,

Jani

Old 09-11-2002, 08:59 AM   #30
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

livenlearn.... you haveno idea the amount of skin the skin culture peel takes off. Im talking real thick layers... literally you recover the kind of skin youhad when you were a child. Obviously this does not last forever, external factors will start to spoil myour skin again, just as our skin is spoiled through aging process, and when the peel is over your skin is very delicate and sensitve so you need to usea lot of sunscreen to protect it. The important issue here is not whether we're gonna have porcelain skin for the rest of our lives after this peel but whether the peel gets rid of acne marks, and it sure does, or it did for me anyway. when i did the peel my skin was in terrible condition because i just couldnt control the breakouts which were leaving all those marks. my skin was out of control and i couldnt stop the spreading infection: what the peel did for me was attack it all so fiercely that it killed every single zit i had and removed nearly all red marks: after the peel my acne never returned, i continue to get what i would now call superficial pimples because i guess thats just the way my skin is, but it's nothing awful and nothing that interferes with my life anymore. Now simply i am someone who is pimple prone, i never get cyst like zits, just very superficial ones and the only thing that bothers me about them is the little red mark they leave. right now i have three pimples and thats it: i was clear for a long time too before i used those damn egg yolks lol but am confident that things will get back to normal again soon: my routine is: i wash my face in the morning with jordan?s dead sea soap then i use a sunscreen; at night i wash again and use a multivitamin cream which contains vit e a b% and f: im gonna start using kojic acid too on red marks and thats it basically Tell me more about the obagi peel; im curious as i had never heard of it before

Closed Thread