It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Skin Culture Peel 4000

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-11-2002, 09:02 AM   #31
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User
    Re: Skin Culture Peel 4000

janI THE SKIN CLUTURE PEEL is not a glycolic peel; its a phenol peel so i dont know if youve ordered what i got i doubt youll get same results with a glycolic peel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2002, 09:10 AM   #32
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

I finally found the incredients of the Peel. You were right it has Phenol in it. It also has Salicylic Acid and Resorcinol. I guess this would be concidered a BHA Peel??

Old 09-11-2002, 09:16 AM   #33
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

that was it it contains phenol and resorcinol; dont remember about the salicylic acid now but it is definately NOT a glycolic peel

Old 09-11-2002, 09:31 AM   #34
    livenlearn

livenlearn HB User

the obagi blue peel .. i'm not even sure what kind of acid they put on my face, to tell you the truth... i know i have all the flyers about it at home.... ANYWAY, it's blue, obviously... and you walk around with a bluish tint on your skin for a couple days... then your skin turns really brown, and tight.... and then you start to peel...... the 6 week program before that... is a cleanser, whitener....and retin-a.... all to get your skin ready... i have REALLY sensitive skin... so, my doc only went 3 layers with the peel.... he'll put a layer on... (it burns like hell !!!)... wait 5 min till it dries, put another layer on.... (even worse pain)... let that dry... and then another one.... ****** hurt.... BAD.... but, it was only like a total of 10 min of major pain.... anyway, he couldn't go any deeper with me because of my sensitive skin.... the peel turns certain shades of blue to let the doc know it's working.... and he said that he was getting pretty deep already, anddidn't want to go any deeper with me.... for fear of ruining my skin..... i would be TERRIFIED of doing it myself... but, that's just me.... i figured if he f-ed up my skin... i could sue him.... (joking)... but, i figured HE knew what he was doing... i'm no doctor....

i've been 100% clear for 3 years... this all was to just get rid of the 3 or 4 scars i have on my face.... now, when i do get a pimple... (which is maybe one a month).... when i look in the mirror and see how little the zit is compared to what i used to get... and then i look at these few scars in comparison.... they're so minute.... but, i, like you and everyone else on here that suffers from less than perfect skin... try and try and try to make it perfect.... i've been using the AHA enhanced glycolic cream for a couple weeks.... i like what i see as far as skin tone and overall complexion.... i guess i can live with the 3 scars that i've always wanted to get rid of..... noones perfect right???

look up the obagi blue peel online... i'm sure it'll tell you what kind of chemicals they use.....

Old 09-11-2002, 09:43 AM   #35
    Jani

Jani HB User

livenlearn,

How much did the doc charge you for going 3 layers deep with the blue peel?

I live in Houston TX, it should be around the same as other major cities in the US.

Thanks,

Jani

Old 09-11-2002, 10:18 AM   #36
    livenlearn

livenlearn HB User

this is gonna sound like alot... but, i think it was $700. BUT...... that included ALL of the products to use the 6 weeks before the peel... (and the products lasted a few weeks after the peel too)..... it was a lot of money.... but, laser was like $1500. and MORE down time.... so,that was OUT..... i did the obagi 2 times..... the second time i didn't need to wait 6 weeks, i think they took me in like 3 weeks... but, you have to wait something like 4-6 months in between peels..... my opinion... and experience.... is as long as you stick to something that has been working... (or at least the same "types" of things)... your skin will keep improving... or at the very least stay the same as it looks after the peel..... i remember when i was pregnant.... my skin looked SO SO good.... and thinking back, i remembered i used the entire AHA line.... (glycolic acid).... not sure why i stop using certain products... i guess we feel we can find something better.. even though this something is working.....

anyway, if you decide obagi.... the products are good.... your skin does look healthier.... and then right after the peel... it looks great!!.... had i stuck with the program of obagi products.... maybe it would've stayed that way.... i remember them being very expensive..... like 300 bucks for the whole line..... so, i've gone back to the AHA line(along with my proactiv of course)... with the glycolic acid ... to keep my face at where it is right now... which is pretty tone and even... only those couple scars.. that i guess will never go away.....

Old 09-11-2002, 11:13 AM   #37
    Jani

Jani HB User

livenlearn and zittycow

Thank you for the info. on the blue peel. The price is a little high for the blue peel. Since I have been going to micro-abrasion treatments (they are expensive). I have another appointment Thursday (tomorrow) at lunchtime for another micro-abrasion treatment which will make my fourth time. I am going to go ahead with it but it may be my last time.

I am fixing to go to the website and purchase the peel 4000. I am soooo excited. I plan to use it the following Saturday I receive it in the mail (assuming I can take a week off with such short notice, LOL).

Zittycow,

I read to discontinue any thing containing sal. acid, ben. paroxide, retinoids, etc. one month prior to doing the 4000 peel. This is so the peel can do its best. I wonder if Micro-abrasion is included? I am not going to worry about all that, I really do not see why it would hurt. Plus I'm sure there is a help line to contact in the package that I purchase.

Thanks,

Jani

Old 09-11-2002, 11:29 AM   #38
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

Hi Jani,

The instructions i received with the peel said nothing about not doing the peel if yuo had been using any of those products you just said. About microdermabrasion i cannot answer because i've never had it and i'm not really sure what it consists of. What exactly are you using on your skin rihgt now? When i did the peel all i'd been using were OTC topicals, you're regular neutrogena products which contain salycilic acid, though i imagine in verry small quantity. I was also using the neutrogena salysiclic acid wash. I never even considered this when i did the peel, but of all the information i got none of it mentioned any incompatibilities with doing the peel.

You're right, there is a help line, there's a phone number you can call and ask all the questions you need. In fact when you receive it they tell you to phone them first before commencing the peel (its because they tell you to do a patch test first, this patch test also lasts a week, they tell you to do it under your chin and just a tiny area the size of a coin, that is hardly noticeable and wont interfere if you have to go to work etc, so my advice if you're thinking of taking a week off to ddo the peel is take it off when you're gonna do your whole face, not the patch test).

Im gonna let you in on a little secret here. When i was doing it i would apply it at night for 2 hours then scrape off the excess... well one night i fell asleep... can you believe it!!! i woke up in utter terror and immediatley called the helpline. They told me that it was ok that if i felt any discomfot to apply some of the moisturiser they provide with the pack. So, see? It's not so daangerous after all. Hey, maybe thats why it worked so well for me, lol, cos i fell asleep with it on all night long!!!

No, but seriously, it wasnt so terrible cos you're not supposed to wash it off after aplication anyway, just remove the excess.

Hey, i really wanna do another one now!!! Snot fair!! wish i could!! Hey, why dont we agree to do it the same week??? lol. i could take the time off i guess... ummm.... something to think about. How much is the 4000 peel now?

Old 09-11-2002, 12:01 PM   #39
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

Naw.. dont worry about "scraping" the excess off, its the word scraping that sounds scary, its just a wooden spatula they give you to remove the cream. You're not supposed to rub it in, you just apply it to your whole face, wait two hours and then remove whatever the skin hasn't absorbed. It does not cause any scarring, believe me.

However, yuo're having microdermabrasion which may not be good. I really can't advise you on that one. If i were you i would find out because your skin may be very sensitive due to the micros. Ask your derm!!

Yeah!! i'd love to do another peel, if only cos it makes yuo look 5 years younger in just one week!!!

It is so cool to wake up one morning and see your skin looking sooooo good!

Old 09-11-2002, 02:46 PM   #40
    s1241

s1241 HB User

Can anyone tell how well this will help with shallow pore-like scars? I feel like if this is removing 3 layers of skin, and these are shallow scars, shouldn't it remove them somewhat?
    If anyone knows please respond.
    I want to buy this right now, but I just paid $100 for at home microdermabrasion, and was gonna try it first. Now I don't know if I should get this instead.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:46 PM   #41
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

s1241... Im pretty sure it will help reduce the appearance of those scars though it says it does not remove pitted acne. However, i dunno if micro would reduce pitted acne either. from what ive read on here its pretty difficult to treat and only those saline or collagen or whatever injections seem to be the solution.

whatever the case, and if yuo also have red marks, the peel will definatley make your skin look loads better. What is microdermabrasion then? everyone talks about that, what is it exactly?

Old 09-11-2002, 03:53 PM   #42
    Jani

Jani HB User

s1241,

Actually it says it goes 4 layers of skin. I don't know if it will get rid of shallow scars or not.

I have mostly shallow scars too. I do know that I have had 3 microdermabrasion treatments (from a derms office) and they do not make that big of a difference yet.

I have read testimonies from both websites that are selling this peel. One testimony that I can remember said they had a couple of pitted scars and they were less noticeable. So it is worth a try to me. If anything it will hopefully get rid of red marks, fine lines (because I am 30 something), and even my skin tone.

I would like to hear more from people that has had this peel also.

Let us know if you buy it and what happens.

Thanks and Good Luck (wish me luck too)

Old 09-11-2002, 04:08 PM   #43
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

You asked what microdermabrasion was. I didn't know until 4 weeks ago either.

It is when you go to a derm or a athestian (Spelling?) and they have this machine that throws out crystals and then sucks them back up. It is kinda like sandblasting your face.

My first time I had it done my face had a more smooth polished look. I have had 2 more and not much more of a change. I keep going back in hopes of a greater change. Like I said earlier I have another appt. tomorrow. I hope to see better results.

Even if I do have better results I will quit doing it until I have this peel and when I know it is safe to have another mico. done.

s1241,

Do let me know about the home mico kit. If it works good I'm sure it is alot cheaper than going to the doc.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2002, 04:18 PM   #44
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

dont really see much difference between the micro and the brushing technique. essentially its the same thing, thuogh micro is prolly more aggresive but brushing regularly could probably get you the same results and a lot cheaper!!

Old 09-11-2002, 04:30 PM   #45
    Jani

Jani HB User

zittycow,

I called my father last night and told him about the toothbrush thing. I don't remember who posted it (was it you).

Anyway he laughed at first then he said that sounds like a good idea. He said that he was going to try it this morning. I haven't called him yet to see how it liked it though, I will do that in a minute.

I know you tried the Skin Sculpture 3000. I have been talking about another website that has the same peel. I wish you could check it out if you have time to tell me if you think I would be better off spending the extra $50.00 dollars or buy the one on the other website for less money. You can't give out site addresses here.

Also could you tell me what the difference in $200.00 dollars English money compared to $200.00 dollars in the USA?

Thanks<p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-12-2002).]

Closed Thread