It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Skin Culture Peel 4000

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2002, 10:36 AM   #61
    Jani

Jani HB User
    Re: Skin Culture Peel 4000

tantric,

When you used the peel 4000 you said you were stuck in the house for a week.

During this week did your skin peel at all?

If it did peel it looks like that what have made some difference.

Let us know.....

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2002, 10:39 AM   #62
    Jani

Jani HB User

Pink Floyd,

I believe at one of the sites the peel is made in England.

If you live in England maybe it can be UPS, or something.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2002, 12:55 PM   #63
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

About the microdermabrasion, I think that this is a good thing if you are going some place nice or perhaps a special occasion (party,anniversary,etc.)

For that smooth polished look. Or even a few times a year for a deep down facial.

To actually get rid of scars, I don't see it, but that is my personal opinion. What it does for me may not do the same for somebody else (like everything else out there).

There is no down time at all.

Although I still haven't tried brushing my face yet. Is brushing your face better than using one of those face scrubs. You know those little pads you use for scrubbing your face?

Thanks

Old 09-12-2002, 03:15 PM   #64
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

hi Jani,

dunno about little pads. I bought a face brush, the bristles aren't too harsh on the skin and it was working wonders for me. Gave me a lovely smooth, even skin tone and was also removing almost immediately red marks left over from pimples. Like i said in a previous post, because i have know broken out in some whiteheads under the skin ive stopped brushing as i dont think brushing on whiteheads or pimples is a good idea. When i brush i never brush on a pimple, but once the pimple's gone or been popped (a no-no i know but i do it, lol) then i would give it a couple of days to heal and then start the brushing.

I will definately continue to brush my face once i get it back to normal, which will be soon i hope.

so, are you gonna do the peel? let me know if you do.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 09-12-2002, 03:35 PM   #65
    pac10
    (male)

pac10 HB User

tantric, im not sure its possible to use a peel of such strenght and then have ur skin looks the same at the end. It should look better, and maybe worse, but for it to stay the exact same is kinda hard to belive.

Old 09-12-2002, 04:21 PM   #66
    Jani

Jani HB User

On behalf of what pac10 said I was wondering the same thing.

You said you were out of commission for a week. What was going on in that week? If your face looked exactly the same afterward then why were you out of commission. Please let us know, I am very curious.

Zittycow,

I am kinda considering doing two more microdermabrations. I just called the derms office (went to have a micro done at lunch today) and told them I wasn't really seeing that much difference since my first treatment. They said to really see results they tell people to have it done at least 6 times (one a week for 6 weeks). So I am trying to make a choice.

I will definetely do the peel. Thanks to you and a few other people (helping me with my questions).

My problem is, should I do two more treatments of micro. or just stop and do the peel now.

Oh yeah forgot to mention. I posted a question about the skin skulpture peel at another site. At this site you can ask the question and leave your email address. Somebody wrote me back on it!!! She said today was her third day. She said that yesterday her face was a little red and today it is a dark tan color. She also said that the smell of the cream kinda smells like a burning smell. Her face is burning more today when she applied it. She did make a joke and say with her face looking burned and it having a burning smell, and with it burning her skin was making her a little nervous LOLOLOL!! She said that she will not mind this discomfort if it will make her look better.

I was thrilled to hear from somebody that is doing this right now!!! I have asked about this at so many sites it looks like it is paying off. Anyway she is going to email me once a day and let me know what is going on! I will really look forward to her emails and I told her this. She lives in the UK.

Thanks for all the help from everyone else too!

Old 09-12-2002, 04:27 PM   #67
    pac10
    (male)

pac10 HB User

hye jani, can u post the girls results on this board when u get them each day. thanx

Old 09-12-2002, 04:37 PM   #68
    Jani

Jani HB User

pac10,

Yes I will!!!!! Most certainly will. If you are like me you really want to know!!

I thought about asking her if I could copy her letters and paste them here when I write, but I was kinda scared it might scare her off and not write me again.

What do you think should I ask her? Maybe if I said that I will not reveal her email and name (only know her first name anyway). Or maybe I should wait until the peel is finished to ask.

Anyway I will keep you posted daily.

Thanks

Old 09-13-2002, 03:29 PM   #69
    Jani

Jani HB User

I just heard from the person that is doing the peel. Today is her fourth day. She put the last peel stuff on this morning.

Apart from some flaking on her chin there is nothing much to report today. She is really still tanned looking, and she thinks at present her face looks a little older, than before because it has wrinkled slightly. She hopes all this is going to be worth it! Now that she doesn't have to use smelly peeling stuff on anymore she is glad. The peeling should begin now.

More mail tomorrow on her progress she promised!

Thanks

Jani = )

Old 09-13-2002, 04:18 PM   #70
    tantric
    Inactive

tantric HB User

yes, obviously immediately after there was a difference. it was a bit softer/tender and appeared 'nice' for about 2 days. then it went right back to the way it was with no improvment. the scars were still there. the blemishes were still there. any discolored area was still there. no improvement.

as for peeling within the week? everything that it said would happen did. the darkening, burning, peeling, etc. so there were no surprises and I know everything was being done by the book.

and yes, I'm a male but I don't know how much of a difference that'll make as I've been through everything. Dermabrasion, laser (full face), collagen, artecoll, fruit acid peels, and now these home remedies. the only thing that's improving anything right now is the saline injections (self-administered) and that's not even a sure thing as it's still an experiment to me and most.

Old 09-13-2002, 06:26 PM   #71
    pac10
    (male)

pac10 HB User

i dont no whats goin on with u tantric, but if u tried all those things, and no improvement at all, that sounds very strange.

Old 09-13-2002, 06:36 PM   #72
    JamieMadrox

JamieMadrox HB User

this literally could be the best post ever on these boards.. i am a huge believer that one can use a peel deep enough to bring back the skin that we had as a baby... i too have swallow superficial scars on my cheeks. i hate it... i had like 5-7 TCA peel treatments on my face.....these are medium to deep peels.. they were ok. a little improvement.. i say about 10-20 percent... i want more... the only problem is that i have brown skin (the skin color of jennifer lopez, i guess).. i have been looking into PHENOL peels for a long time now.... my derm doesnt think i need this and says this is a last resort... but i think he wants to keep selling me these TCA peels cause he gets money.. i really think there is a conspiracy with alot of beauty spas/derms/cosmetic surgeons...i really feel that they are exploiting us.. come on.. microdermabrasion doesnt work.. i got 9 sessions and it didnt anything.... there is this other thing called, EXODERM.... anyway.. check that peel out.. supposedly its great.. but seriously... do you think i can you this SKINCULTURE on my skin color?? the website says skin color of all types... hmmm....im not dark. im like brown.. a lighter shade of brown. but still brown.. anyway.... oh yeah.. do you think this skin culture peel will help with acne scars left behind by cystic acne?

- jamie

Old 09-13-2002, 08:38 PM   #73
    Jani

Jani HB User

I am just now able to read the new messages!!

Jamie,

I went to a plastic surgean back in January and we talked about the Exoderm peel. It seems like it was around $5,000. I don't know for sure I will have to look in my file cabinet. The Exoderm peel does sound good, as much as I can remember (I need to look it up and read about it again).

Anyway I thought that maybe I could try a couple of the Skin Culture peels to maybe do the same thing as the Exoderm.

The site does say it is good for all skin types. I think somebody said it lightens your skin a little.

tantric,

Thanks for responding.

Old 09-14-2002, 03:59 AM   #74
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

I think a Phenol peel is probably the deepest kinda peel you can get. There must be even stronger strengths than the SkinCulture one, im sure if a plastic surgeon was doing it he would go deeper even. Obviously online no one is gonna provide you with a strength that could be potentially dangerous without a previous skin test, history of patient etc...

The Skin Culture 4000 is very effective and you can repeat it up to 10 times.

Tantric, im amazed that it had absolutely no beneficial effects for you, really, cos im talking from presonal experience and for me it was great.

The reason it dosent work so well for darker skins is because the new skin will be much lighter in colour and probably more noticeable that youve had a peel than if youre already very fair. In any case, you recover your normal skin colour in a month.

With all this talk about it im thinking of having another one. looking forward to it actually, lol.

Jani, what that girl says about her face feeling real tight, dry and wrinkled is all normal, as soon as the skin begins to peel you get to see lovely smooth skin underneath. That's wwhen you get real excited and confident that it's working.

Also i think one should prepare oneself mentally for this. 4 or 5 days of seeing yourself like a freak is kinda hard on the psyche. I know i got very paranoid. I started thinking things like, oh my god what if there's a fire and i have to leave the house. What if there's a death in the family and i hafta to go to a funeral... stuff like that made me worry a lot. Cos you just never know what may happen the week you're doing the peel.

Actually, now, i think i would just tell people what im doing. Im sure it would help mehandle the downtime much better.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:18 AM   #75
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

You really know how to make me laugh LOLOLOLOL!!!

I have had the same thoughts!! About an emergency. I thought what if somebody close to me is in an accident, funeral, etc. My father has been in bad health for a few years now also (I hope nothing should happen to him, I don't even want to think about that).

Anyway I'm not going to tell anyone about my peel. Maybe I will tell them I am very sick and I don't want them to catch it. It would not be a lie I would be sick of what my face looked like LOL. Most people in my family are from the old school and don't do things like this. Although my father did try the tooth brush thing. He said his face did feel better. My family likes to gossip (Spelling?) alot too. I would rather just not tell anyone, if I did they would probably be knocking on my door just to be nosey!!

Anyway I received an email already this morning from the person doing the peel. It is probably afternoon for her (she lives in England).

She said this is day 5 and she looks pretty yucky! Her skin looks very wrinkled and it's like looking into the future and she does not like it. She is beginning to feel insecure and worried that she is going to stay like this. The cream that she applies now is nice and soothing, a bit like plastering yourself in butter. Which she said is quite an appealing prospect when ones skin feels so tight. She also said it is very hard to keep her hands off it too.
    She said she will keep me informed.

I will tell her what you said Zittycow about in a few more days not to worry she will see beautiful skin under that wrinkled mess.

Thanks,

Jani

Closed Thread